|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (80) - 2016 - Pages: 23-29
The state of drinking water quality in the Lviv region over 2009-2015
Krupka N.O.1, Lototska-Dudyk U.B.1
1 Lviv National Danylo Halytskyi Medical University
Objective. We assessed a drinking water quality by the results of the laboratory research and questioning of the population, defined the measures directed to the improvement of water supply of the residents of the region for the near prospect.
Materials and methods. In the work we used the results of the examination of drinking water samples of centralized and decentralized water supply obtained by the Lviv Regional Laboratory Center for the last years. A comparative analysis was performed according to the percentage of unsatisfactory samples. We used the results of the selective personal examinations of pipe drinking water of the different districts of the region and the city of Lviv. For the independent estimation of drinking water quality we developed a questionnaire and performed questioning of the population (150 questionnaires).
Results. There is a hygienic estimation of drinking-water quality of centralized and decentralized water supply of the Lviv region in the article. Immediate measures for its improvement under modern conditions were defined in the article. From year to year in the Lviv region a high percentage of the samples of non-standard drinking water both by sanitary-chemical (3.0-6.0%) and microbiological (2.1-5.5%) indices has been registered that may create a danger for the health of the population. Improvement of drinking water quality is possible by means of the introduction of the additional purification of drinking water immediately in the place of its consumption (use of domestic and collective water-purifying filters and systems).
drinking water, water pipelines, indices of water quality, additional purification.
1. Sytenko M.A.Vodopostachannia tavodovidvedennia. SpecialIssue, 2008 : 15-17 (in Ukrainian).
2. Prokopov V.O. Hihiienichni problemy vodopostachannia v Ukraini [Hygienic Problems of the Water Supply in Ukraine]. In : Dosvid ta perspektyvy naukovoho suprovodu problem hihiienichnoi nauky ta praktyky [Experience and Prospects of the Support of the Hygienic Science and Practice Problems]. Kyiv ; 2011 : 106-132 (in Ukrainian).
3. World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality – 4-th ed. Geneva ; 2011 : 564 p.
4. Crompton T.R. Organic Compounds in Natural Water: Analysis and Determination. London, UK: Taylor&FrancisGroup; 2014 : 295 ð. https://doi.org/10.1201/b15795
5. Zahalnoderzhavna tsilova prohrama «Pytna voda Ukrainy» na 2006-2020 roky, zatverdzhena Zakonom Ukrainy vid 03.03.2005 r. ¹ 2455-IV [Drinking Water National Target Program for 2006-2020, Adopted by the Law of Ukraine of 03.03.2005¹ 2455-IV]. In : Ofitsiinyi visnyk Ukrainy. 2005 ; 13 : 655 p. (in Ukrainian).
7. Hihiienichni vymohy do vody pytnoi, pryznachenoi dlia spozhyvannia liudynoiu : DSanPiN 2.2.4-171-10 [Hygienic Requirements to Drinking Water for Human Consumption : State Sanitary Rules and Norms]. Kyiv; 2012 : 55 p. (in Ukrainian).
8. Zahorodniuk K.Yu. Ukrainskyi naukovo-medychnyi molodizhnyi zhurnal. 2010 ; 3 ; 48-54 (in Ukrainian).
9. Lypovetska O.B. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2014 ; 3 : 47-50 (in Ukrainian).
10. Matsiievska O.O., Dolinska N.V., Shevchuk I.Z. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika". 2009 ; 655 : 178-182 (in Ukrainian).
11. Honcharenko T.P., Honcharenko O H. Visnyk Kremenchutskoho derzhavnoho politekhnichnoho universytetu imeniMykhailaOstrohradskoho. 2008 ; 49 (2, P. 2) : 129-132 (in Ukrainian).
12. Aliokhina T.A. Otsinka efektyvnosti vykorystannia kartrydzhiv «Barier-4» ta «Barier-7» dlia doochystky pytnoi vody tsentralizovanoho vodopostachannia vid vazhkykh metaliv [Efficiency Assessment of the Use of „Barier-4” and „Barier-7” Cartridges for the Additional Purification of Drinking Water of the Centralized Water Supply from Heavy Metals]. In : Aktualni problemy profilaktychnoi medytsyny [Actual Problems of Preventive Medicine]. 2011 ; 9 : 13-15 (in Ukrainian).