|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (108) - 2023 - Pages: 54-61
Study of the features of the lifestyle of modern youth in the public health system
Antomonov M.Yu.1, Pashynska S.L.1, Rusakova L.T.1, Sokolova M.P.1, SkochkoT.P.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz≥eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU", Kyiv
Materials and methods. The following methods were used in the work: bibliographic; questionnaire method; statistical - for further application of correlation analysis (Spearmanís rank correlation method); mathematical methods - for quantitative assessment of indicators of self-assessment of the state of health and ecological and valeological awareness of young people. A survey of medical students was conducted in the cities of Kyiv and Lutsk. The sample of the study is 276 participants aged from 16 to 21 years old. The questionnaire of the World Health Organization (WHO) was adapted for the survey, the structure of which includes the following main characteristics: physical condition; limitation of activity due to physical condition; feeling pain; emotional condition; limitation of activity due to emotional state; difficulties in active communication caused by physical and emotional state; maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The basic data of the participants are age and gender.
Results. The results of the questionnaire were converted into rank variables for further application of correlation analysis. As a result of the correlation analysis, it was found that: there is a significant relationship between the physical and emotional states of the interviewees (p<0.01); because of the emotional state, there are difficulties in work and everyday activities for both girls (p<0.01) and boys (p<0.05); physical condition leads to limitations in work and everyday activities more often in girls (p<0.001); girls are more sensitive to pain (p<0.001); the possibility of active communication in girls, unlike boys, depends on both emotional and physical condition. Thus, the performed research makes a significant contribution to solving the issues of health formation of the younger generation and recognizing the role in this process of the lifestyle of modern youth.
healthy lifestyle, health-forming behavior, self-assessment of health, questionnaire
1. Buzenko I.L. [Ecological and valeological competence: definitive approaches]. Naukovi zapysky. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky (Tsentralnoukrainskyi derzhavnyi universytet)]. 2018 ; 166:193-6. (Ukrainian)
2. Karpiuk R. [Social health of student youth in the conditions of transformation of Ukrainian society]. Molod i rynok. 2011 ; 1 (72) : 28-32. (Ukrainian).
3. Voloshko N.I. Psykholohichna kultura zdorovia: navchalnyi posibnyk [Psyhological culture of health]. Kyiv : Naukovyi svit ; 2008 : 163 p. (Ukrainian).
4. Petruk V., Bezvoziuk I.I., Panchenko T.I. [Environmental education in higher education]. In: X Mizhnarodna naukovo-practychna konferentsiia ęHumanizm ta osvitaĽ [The X international scientific and practical conference ęHumanism and educationĽ; 2010 Sep 10-16]. Vinnytsia, Ukraine ; 2010. (Ukrainian). Available from: http://conf.vntu.edu.ua/humed/2010/txt/Petruk_Bezvozyuk_Panchenko.php
5. Mameshyna O. http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/aref/20081124039438 Psykholohichni umovy rozvytku ekolohichnoi svidomosti starshoklasnykiv u systemi pozashkilnoi osvity [Psychological conditions for the development of environmental awareness of high school students in the system of extracurricular education : extended abstract of PhD]. Instytut pedahohiky i psykholohii profesiinoi osvity APN Ukrainy. Kyiv ; 2004:25 p. (Ukrainian).
6. Brazhnyk Yu. Psykholohichni osoblyvosti samootsinky v studentskomu seredovyshchi [Psychological features of self-esteem in the student environment]. In: Psykholohichni problemy osobystosti na suchasnomu etapi rozvytku suspilstva [Psychological problems of the individual at the current stage of the development of society; 2021 Apr 7-8]. Nizhyn, Ukraine: Natsionalnyi derzhavnyi universytet im. M. Hoholia ; 2021 : 35-7. (Ukrainian). Available from: http://www.ndu.edu.ua/storage/2021/11_conf_zbirn_psycho.pdf
7. Pustovit N., Kolonkova O., Prutsakova O. Formuvannia ekolohichno dotsilnoi povedinky shkoliariv [Formation of environmentaly appropriate behavior of schoolchildren]. Kirovohrad, Ukraine: Imeks-LTD ; 2014 : 139 p. (Ukrainian). https://lib.iitta.gov.ua/7370/1/2449_Pystovit.pdf
8. Sarkawi D., Priadi A., Oktaviani A. Environmental knowledge and environmental friendly behavior based on gender and education level. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2017 Jun 30 ; 5 (6) : 2106-13. https://doi.org/10.21474/ijar01/4649
10. Berdnyk O., Polka N., Dobrianska O., Rudnytska O., Skochko T. Dytiache naselennia kriz pryzmu hromadskoho zdorovia [Child population everywhere from the perspective of public health]. Kyiv : Medinform ; 2020 : 200 p. (Ukrainian).
12. Woynarowska B. [How we create a health promoting school]. Warszawa ; 2015 : 117 p. (Polish).
13. Serdiuk A., Antomonov M., Bardov V., Lekhan V., Prylutskyi O. [Presentation of the results of mathematical and statistical processing of medical and biological research data in dissertations]. Biuleten Vyshchoi Atestatsiinoi Komisii Ukrainy. 2010 ; 6 : 31-3 (Ukrainian).