|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (82) - 2017 - Pages: 50-55
The dynamics of physical development of 6-years-old children in Lviv
Fedorenko V.I.1, Kitsula L.M.1
1 Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv
ÓÄÊ: 613.954 616-071.3-053.4(477.83)
Objective. We studied the regularities of the dynamics of physical development of the children aged 6 years in Lviv city for the period from 1969 to 2015 by the anthropometric parameters and assessed physical development of the children at modern stage.
Materials and methods. The results of the anthropometric measurements in 1969-1971, 1992-1993, 1995-1996, 2003-2005, 2014–2015 were the basis for the analysis of the dynamics of physical development of the children. For the assessment of physical development of the children, examined in 2014-2015, we calculated the body mass index, Pignet’s index, proportionality of thorax. The anthropometric indices of the children were compared with the hygienic standards of 2013. Statistical analysis was carried out by the least squares method with a determination of the authenticity of the results by Student’s t-test.
Results. The dynamics of physical development of the children aged 6 years in Lviv during the period from 1969 to 2015 was found to be characterized by the processes of decelerations and acceleration of the growth rates of the anthropometric indices. The lowest values of stature and body weight of the children were observed from 1992 to 1996 that was probably due to the irrational nutrition and the intake of the pollutants from environment and food products, heavy metals in particular. The highest anthropometric indices were observed in 2014- 2015. The values of body mass index indicate the harmonious development of 59.0% of girls and 55.3% of boys. Dolichomorphic body type in 96.9% of girls and 85.9% of boys is characterized by Pignet’s index, the narrow thorax in 79.7% of girls and 76.3% of boys with increased growth testifies about the processes of gracialization. In comparison with the Criteria for the Evaluation of Physical Development of the Children in Ukraine (2013) 6-years-old boys and girls in Lviv are higher and have a bigger chest circumference, and boys have a bigger body weight than their peers, that indicates the expediency of the development of regional criteria for physical development.
physical development, dynamics, body weight, stature, 6-years-old children, anthropometric indices
1. Kuchma V.R. Teoriia I prakti- ka gigiieny detey I podrostkov na rubezhe tysiacheletiy [Theory and Practice of Children’s and Teenagers’ Hygiene at the Turn of Millenium]. Ìoscow ; 2001 : 376 p. (in Russian).
2. .Polka N.S., Dzhurynska S.M., Yazkovska N.Ya. and Platonova A.G. Suchasni tendenzii fizychnoho rozvytku miskykh ditei [Modern Tendencies of Urban Children Physical Development]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements] Êyiv; 2009 ; 53 : 299-303 (in Ukrainian).
3. Polka N.S. and Platonova A.G. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2012 ; 1 : 48-52 (in Ukrainian).
4. Fedorenko V.I., Shtabskyi B.Ì. and Kitsula L.Ì. Visnyk Vinnyts- koho derzhavnoho medychnoho universytetu. 2003 ; 2/2 : 814- 815 (in Ukrainian).
5. Zhygalina A.Kh., Snigur Î.N., Vasilenko À.S. et al. Tablitsy dlia otsenki fizicheskogo razvitiia detey v vozraste ot 1 goda do 7 let po materialam issledovaniia detey, vospityvavshykhsia v yasli- akh-sadakh g. Lvova v 1969-1971 gg. [Tables for Evaluation of Physical Development in the Children at the Age from 1 Year to 7 Years According to the Examination of the Children in the Day Nurseries – Kindergartens of the City of Lvov in 1969-1971]. In : Metodicheskiie rekomendatsii dlia vrachey-pediatrov zapadnykh oblastey USSR [ Methodical Recommendations for the Pediatricians of the Western Oblasts of the UkrSSR]. Lvov ; 1973 : 26 p. (in Russian).
6. Shtabskyi B., Medchuk ²., Fedorenko V. et al. Standarty fizy- chnoho rozvytku ditei doshkilno- ho viku : metodychni rekomen- datsii [Standards of Physical Development of Pre-School Age Children: Method. Recom.]. Lviv ; 1995 : 16 p. (in Ukrainian).
7. 1.Shtabskyi B.M., Fedorenko V.I., Kitsula L.Ì., Pavliv R.². and Savchenko G.². Standarty fizychnoho rozvytku ditei doshkilnoho viku m. Lvova ta silskoi mist- sevosti Lvivskoi oblasti [Standards of Physical Development of Pre-School Age Children in the city of Lviv (1995- 1996). Physical Development of Pre-School Age Children in the city of Lviv and Rural Area of the Lviv Oblast]. In : Fizychnyi rozvy- tok ditei riznykh rehioniv Ukrainy. Vyp. 2. Miski doshkilnyky [Physical Development of the Children in Different Regions of Ukraine. Issue 2. Urban Pre- School Age Children]. Kyiv ; 2003: 136-148 (in Ukrainian).
8. Moskviak N.V. Hihiienichna otsinka formuvannia adaptatsii shkoliariv molodshykh klasiv za umov navchannia u zahalnoosvit- nomu zakladi na suchasnomu etapi [Hygienic Evaluation of the Formation of the Adaptation of Primary School Children under Conditions of Education at Comprehensive Educational Institution at Present Stage: Cand. Med. Sci., Abstract of Dis.]. Kyiv ; 2011 : 20 p. (in Ukrainian).
9. Hihiienichnyi normatyv “Kryterii otsinky fizychnoho rozvytku ditei shkilnoho viku” : Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy ¹ 802 vid 13.09.2013. [Hygienic Standard “Criteria of the Assessment of Physical Development of School Age Children” : Order of the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine ¹ 802, 13.09.2013] (in Ukrainian).
10. Fedorenko V.I., Kitsula L.Ì. Yakist kharchuvannia I fizychnyi rozvytok ditei [Quality of Nutrition and Physical Development of the Children]. In : Aktualni pytannia fiziolohii, patolohii ta orhanizatsii medychnoho zabezpechennia ditei shkilnoho viku ta pidlitkiv : aterially konf. [Current Issues of Physiology, Pathology, and Organization of Medical Provision of School-Age Children and Adolescents: Mater. Conf.]. Kharkiv ; 2013 ; 140-142 (in Ukrainian).
11. Hrachova Ò.². Osoblyvosti fizychnoho rozvytku dytiachoho naselennia na suchasnomu etapi (na prykladi m. Chernivtsi) : avtoref. dys. Kand. Med. Nauk [Features of Physical Development of the Children’s Population at Present Stage (by Way of Example of the city of Chernivtsi): Cand. Med. Sci., Abstract of Dis.]. Kyiv ; 2003 : 20 p. (in Ukrainian).
12. Ivakhno Î.P. Sotsialno-hihi- ienichnyi monitorynh zdorovia dytiachoho naselennia Ukrainy u doshkilnomu vitsi [Social-and- Hygienic Monitoring of the Health of Children’s Population of Ukraine at Pre-School Age]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2007 ; 50 : 296-299 (in Ukrainian).
13. Platonova A.G. À.Ã. Metodika skrining-otsenki fizich- eskogo razvitiia detey po indeksu Ketle [Methodology of Screening-Assessment of Children’s Physical Development by the Quetelet Index]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygien of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2012 ; 60 : 356-362 (in Russian).