|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (98) - 2021 - Pages: 42-48
The impact of the comprehensive treatment of the pneumoconiosis combined with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on some intoxication indicators in ore mining and iron and steel industry workers
Rubtsov R. V.1
1 State Institution "Ukrainian Research Institute of Industrial Medicine", Kryvyi Rih
Objective:We studied the efficiency of the comprehensive treatment of ore mining and iron and steel industry workers having the pneumoconiosis combined with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in terms of intoxication indicators as an assessment of measures aimed at treatment and prevention of this occupational pulmonary pathology.
Results: It was established that conducted treatment in the patients, ore mining and iron and steel industry workers with the use of bronchodilator, mucoregulator, anti-inflammatory agent of a complex vitamin medication, as well as sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation at 1.3 atm led to a decrease in the activity of inflammation processes with regard to the content in the peripheral blood of the total number of leukocytes, their stab and segmented subpopulations, and a decrease in most intoxication indices: the leukocytic index of intoxication, the granulocytic-agranulocytic index, the general index of intoxication, the sinistroposition index, the index of the ratio of leukocytes to erythrocyte sedimentation rate, which indicates a decrease in the systemic inflammation activity with the simultaneous suppression of intoxication phenomena. In comparison with the patients with other occupational lung pathology, the comprehensive treatment led to a more significant decrease in the content of segmented and stab leukocytes, as well as the main integral intoxication indices: the leukocytic index of intoxication, the granulocytic-agranulocytic index, and the general index. Thus, the comprehensive treatment of ore mining and iron and steel industry workers having the pneumoconiosis combined with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is an important link in the system of measures aimed at treatment and prevention ofthis occupational pulmonary pathology.
Conclusions: In the ore mining and iron and steel industry workers having the pneumoconiosis combined with the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,the comprehensive treatment with the use of bronchodilator, mucoregulator, nebulizer-administered anti-inflammatory agent, a complex vitamin B medication administered intramuscularly, as well as sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation led to an improvement in some inflammation indicators and intoxication indices which is a predictor of a positive course of the disease. The assessment of the results of the conducted comprehensive treatment of the workers indicates a significant positive dynamics of intoxication processes and makes it possible to regard this treatment as an important link in the system of measures aimed at treatment and preventionofthisoccupational pulmonary disease.
pneumoconiosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, workers, intoxication
1. Shpagina L.À., Poteryayeva E.L., Kotova O.S., Shpagin I.S. and Smirnova E.L. Aktualnyye problemy pulmonologii v sovremennoy profpatologicheskoy praktike [Actual Problems of Pulmonology in Modern Occupational Pathological Practice]. Occupational Medicine and Industrial Ecology. 2015 ; 9 : 11-14 [in Russian].
2. Elesevich S.À. and Razumov V.V. O patogeneticheskom edinstve pnevmokoniozov i pylevogo bronkhita [On Pathogenetic Unity of Pneumoconiosis and Dust Bronchitis]. Occupational Medicine and Industrial Ecology. 2007 ; 7 : 28 -33 [in Russian].
3. Krasniuk O.P., Tkach S.I., Prylypska N.I., Shkondin A.M., Kovalchuk T.A. and Valutsyna V.M. Zastosuvannia klasyfikatsii pnevmokonioziv v Ukraini: metodychni rekomendatsii [Application of Pneumoconiosis Classification in Ukraine: Methodical Recommendations]. Kyiv; 2002 : 15 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Loh Ch.H., Donohue J.E. and Ohar J.A. Review of Drung Safety and Efficacy of Arformoterol in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Expert. Opin. Drug Saf. 2015 ; 14 (3) : 463-472. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1517/14740338.2015.998196
5. Calverley P. and Viles B. New Pharmacotherapeutic Approaches for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Sermin. Respir. Crit. Care. Med. 2015 ; 36 (4) : 523 -542. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1556057
6. Page Ch.M. and Cazzola M. Bifunctional Drugs for the Treatment of Astma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Eur. Respir. J. 2014 ; 44 (2) : 475-482. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00003814
7. Heulens N., Korf H. and Janssen W. Innate Immune Modulation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Moving Closer Toward Vitamin D Therapy. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2015 ; 353 (2) : 360 - 368. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1124/jpet.115.223032
8. Jin Z., Pan V., Zhou K. et al. Biological Effects and Mechanisms of Action of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. J. Int. Med. Res. 2015 ; 43 (3) : 303 - 310. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1177/0300060514568733
9. Gaynitdinova V.V., Sharafutdinova L.À., Kamaltdinov I.Ì. and Avdeyev S.N. Issledovaniye strukturno-funktsionalnykh osobennostey neytrofilov u bolnykh khronicheskoy obstruktivnoy boleznyu legkikh s legochnoy gipertenziyey metodom atomno-silovoy mikroskopii [Examination of the Structural and Functional Characteristics of Neutrophils by Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases with Pulmonary Hypertension by Atomic Force Microscopy]. Pulmonology. 2014 ; 4 : 49-55 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.18093/0869-0189-2014-0-4-49-56
10. Zuban À.B. and Ostrovskyi Ì.Ì. Dynamika rivniv endohennoi intoksykatsii ta aktyvnosti systemy surfaktanta lehen u protsesi kompleksnoho likuvannia khvorykh na khronichne obstruktyvne zakhvoriuvannia lehen iz vkliuchenniam preparatu tiotropiiu bromidu [Dynamics of Levels of Endogenous Intoxication and Activity of the Pulmonary Surfactant System in the Process of Complex Treatment of Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease with the Inclusion of the Drug Tiotropium Bromide]. Medychni Perspektyvy. 2017 ; ÕÕ²² (3) ;1 : 95-100. [in Ukrainian].
11. Rubtsov R.V. Leikotsytarni indeksy – yak kryterii intoksykatsii u pratsivnykiv hirnychorudnoi ta metalurhiinoi promyslovosti, khvorykh na pnevmokonioz u poiednanni z khronichnym obstruktyvnym zakhvoriuvanniam lehen [Leukocyte Indices – as a Criterion for Intoxication by Workers of Mining and Metallurgical Industry, Patients with Pneumoconiosis in Combination with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease]. Odesa Medical Journal. 2019 ; 1 : 50-55 [in Ukrainian].
12. Pro zatverdzhennia ta vprovadzhennia medyko-tekhnolohichnykh dokumentiv zi standartyzatsii medychnoi dopomohy pry khronichnomu obstruktyvnomu zakhvoriuvanni lehen : Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy vid 27 chervnia 2013 roku ¹ 555 [On Approval and Implementation of Medical and Technological Documents for Standardization of Medical Care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease : Order of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine dd. June 27, 2013 # 555]. Kyiv; 2013 : 146 p. [in Ukrainian]. URL: http://document.ua/pro-zatverdzhennja-ta-vprovadzhennja-mediko-tehnologichnih-d-doc166218.html.
13. Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Pocket Guide to COPD Diagnosis, Management and Prevention. 2019. (Last accessed 02.03. 2019). URL : https://goldcopd.org.