|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (98) - 2021 - Pages: 60-65
Study of the sensitizing effect of detergents intended for the care of dishes and other products for children
Holichenkov O.M.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Domaratska Yu.S.1, e-mail: email@example.com, Hryhorenko L.Yu.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Stepanchuk S.V.1, e-mail: email@example.com, Liashenko V.I.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Maistrenko Z.Yu.1, e-mail: email@example.com
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz≥eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
”ń : 613.4:613.95:648.18
Objective: We evaluated the sensitizing effect of various detergents intended for the care of dishes and other products for children.
Materials and methods: The study was carried out in guinea pigs. The sensitization of the animalís organism was studied in the reaction of degranulation of peripheral blood basophils (after Shelley). Forthestudy, we selected 10% solutions of domestic and foreign products for washing children's dishes ("Alionka", "Karapuz", "Ushastyi Nian", "Frosch Baby") purchased in the supermarkets of Kyiv.
Results: In 21 days, the performed study made it possible to establish the development of sensitization of the organism of the animals in the experimental groups exposed to the solutions of the detergents "Alionka", "Karapuz", "Ushasty NianĒ for washing children's dishes, although the degree of its manifestation was different. The solution of the detergent "Ushastyi Nian" was shown to possess more pronounced sensitizing properties, as evidenced by the development of weak positive autosensitization and positive sensitization of the organism of the experimental animals.
The impact of the detergents for cleaning children's products "Alionka" and "Karapuz"on the animalsí organism leads to the development of mild sensitization, and when using the solution of "Alionka" detergent, a development of the weakly expressed autosensitization of the organism is also observed in the animals.
There was no increase in the degranulation of basophilic granulocytes in the presence of both tissue antigen and hapten in the group of animals where the solution of detergent "Frosh Baby" was used, which indicated the absence of auto- and sensitization of the organism of the animals of this group.
detergents for washing of children's dishes, sensitization, autosensitization, immediate hypersensitivity.
1. Panchyshyn N.Ya., Smirnova V.L. and Halytska O.Ya. Zakhvoriuvanist dytiachoho naselennia Ukrainy ta chynnyky, yaki vplyvaiut na zdorovia ditei [Morbidity of the Childrenís Population in Ukraine and Factors Affecting the Health of the Children]. Aktualni pytannia pediatrii, akusherstva ta hinekolohii. 2011; 2 : 131-132 (in Ukrainian). URL : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/appatg_2011_2_43
2. Antypkin Yu.H., Volosovets O.P., Maidannyk V.H., Berezenko V.S. et al. Stan zdorovia dytiachoho naselennia ó maibutnie krainy (chastyna 1) [The State of Health of the Children - the Future of the Country (Part 1)]. Zdorovia dytyny. 2018 ; 13(1) : 11 p. (in Ukrainian). DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.22141/2224-05188.8.131.528.127059
5. Vinogradov G.I., Vinarskaya E.I. and Naumenko G.M. Reaktsiya degranulyatsii bazofilov kak metod vyyavleniya allergii i autoallergii k prostym khimicheskim soyedineniyam [Basophil Degranulation Reaction as a Method for the Detection of Allergies and Autoallergies to Simple Chemical Compounds]. Laboratornoye delo. 1989 ; 6 : 339-341 (in Russian).
6. Valianskyi Yu.L., Cherniavskyi V.I., Biriukova S.E. et al. Metody imunoanalizu v infektsiinii i klinichnii imunolohii : navchalnyi posibnyk [The Methods of Immunoassay in Infectious and Clinical Immunology: Textbook]. Kharkiv : Styl-izdat ; 2011 : 112 p. (in Ukrainian).
7. Lakin G.F. Biometriya [Biometrics]. Moscow : Vysshaya shkola ; 1980 : 96-110, 142-220 (in Russian).
8. Otsenka vozdeystviya vrednykh khimicheskikh soyedineniy na kozhnyye pokrovy i obosnovaniye predelno-dopustimykh urovney zagryazneniya kozhi : metodicheskiye ukazaniya MU 2102-79 [Assessment of the Impact of Harmful Chemical Compounds on the Skin and Substantiation of the Maximum Permissible Levels of Skin Contamination: Guidelines MG 2102-79]. Moscow ; 1979 : 23 p. (in Russian).