|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (89) - March, 2019 - Pages: 56-60
Research of air pollution by fine suspended particular mater in the city of Zaporozhye
Sevalnev A.I.1, Volkova YU.V.1
1 Zaporozhye State Medical University
The aim of the work is a hygienic estimation of the air pollution condition by fine suspended particular mater (PM10 and PM4) in the city of Zaporozhye.
Materials and methods. The measurements of fine suspended particular mater PM10 and PM4 have been carried out since 2012 to 2017 years in the atmospheric air of Zaporozhye. It was used the KANOMAX-3521 aerosol analyzer for measurements. The data processing was performed with the statistical package of the licensed program “STATISTICA® for Windows 13.0” (StatSoft Inc., No. JPZ8041382130FRCN10-J) and the “Microsoft Excel” program.
Results. It has been established that PM10 concentrations in the air of Zaporozhye exceed the recommended levels by the WHO guidelines for air quality. The average concentrations of ÐÌ10 in the city - 0.14 ± 0.002 mg / m3, ÐÌ4 - 0.07 ± 0.001 mg / m3, the concentration of ÐÌ10 is 1.2 times higher (p<0.05) in the Voznesenovsky district. In the experimental areas, the concentration of PM10 is 1.08-1.9 times significantly higher (p <0.001) than in the control area. Maximal index of concentration was recorded in August (seasonality coefficient 1.8-1.83).
It was established a strong inverse correlation between the relative humidity of the air and the concentration of PM10 (r = – 0.85) and PM4 (r = – 0.83) and the statistically significant difference between the concentrations of these substances in the evening and in the morning hours of the day (p <0.001).
The results of the research indicate the necessity to organize the continuous monitoring of the fine suspended particular mater content in the air and the creation of a hygienic regulatory document for the PM.
air pool, suspended particulate mater, PM10, PM4, monitoring.
1. WHO Ambient (outdoor) air quality and health : Fact sheets. WHO, 2018. URL : https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ambient-(outdoor)-air-quality-and-health
2. WHO Regional Office for Europe. Health effects of particulate matter. Copenhagen; 2013. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/189051/Health-effects-of-particulate-matter-final-Eng.pdf
3. WHO Regional Office for Europe. Health risks of particulate matter from long-range transboundary air pollution. Copenhagen; 2006. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/78657/E88189.pdf
4. Turos O. I. naliz ryzyku dlia zdorovia naselennia vid zabrudnennia atmosfernoho povitria promyslovymy pidpryiemstvamy m. Zaporizhzhia. [Analysis of the risk to the health of the population from pollution of atmospheric air by industrial enterprises of Zaporizhzhya] In : Medychni perspektyvy [Medical perspectives]. 2008 ; XIII ; 1 :93 – 97 (in Ukrainian).
5. Sevalniev A.I., Volkova Yu.V. Tsilove planuvannia zakhodiv shchodo znyzhennia ryzykiv dlia zdorovia vid vplyvu zvazhenykh tverdykh chastok. [Targeted planning of measures to reduce health risks from the influence of suspended particular maters] In : Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny [Bulletin of Biology and Medicine]. 2017 ; 4 ; 3 (141) : 87-91 (in Ukrainian).
6. WHO Regional Office for Europe. Air quality guidelines – global update 2005. Copenhagen; 2006. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/78638/E90038.pdf?ua=1
7. Turos O.I., Petrosian A.A., Mazko L.V. Vykorystannia metodolohii ryzyku pry otsintsi vplyvu milkodyspersnoho pylu na stan zdorovia naselennia [The use of risk methodology in assessing the impact of fine particulate matter on the health of the population] Pershyi Vseukrainskyi zizd ekolohiv: zb. tez dop. [First All-Ukrainian Congress of Ecologists. Abstracts]. Vinnytsia : UNIVERSUM ; 2006 : 244 – 245 (in Ukrainian).