|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (82) - 2017 - Pages: 55-60
Influence of physical culture and sport on the indicators of physical development in the schoolchildren
1 Alchevsk Municipal Branch of State Institution «Luhansk Oblast Laboratory Center of State Sanitary and Epidemiological Service of Ukraine»
ÓÄÊ: 613.4:371.72:796 (075.8)
Physical activity is a leading factor in the forming of physical development and other indicators of children's health, physical culture and sports are defined as its main manifestations.
Objective. We studied the influence of physical training and sport on the indicators of physical development of the schoolchildren.
Materials and methods.We performed the anthropometric examinations of body length, weight, and chest circumference for the assessment of physical development of 1399 students aged 13-17 years. Assessment of the data was carried out by gender-age regression scales and percentile method.
Results and discussion. (31.45±1.24)% of the students at secondary schools were established not to do their morning exercises (physical training) and (38.46±1.30)% of them not to go in for sports connected with physical activity. The girls did their morning exercises regularly 2.2 times less and went in for sport 1.6 times less than the boys. Re-fusal of the regular physical exercises of the schoolchildren is a risk factor for a disharmony of their physical development formed mainly owing to the deficiency of chest circumference and body weight. Proposals for the improvement of physical development of the schoolchildren were developed.
physical training and sport, physical development, schoolchildren
1. Mazurin A.V. & Vorontsov I.M. Propedevtika detskikh bolezney [Propedeutics of Children’s Diseases]. 2nd Ed. SaintPetersburg : Foliant ; 1999 : 828 p. (in Russian).
2. Polka N.S., Yatskovska N.Ya., Platonova A.H., Dzhurinska S.M., Shkarban K.S. & Saienko H.M. Hihiienichne zabezpechennia umov zhyttiediialnosti ditei: problemy ta shliakhy ikh vyrishennia [Hygienic Provision of the Conditions for Children’s Vital Functions: Problems and Ways for their Solution]. In : Dosvid ta per- spektyvy naukovoho suprovodu problem hihiienichnoi nauky ta praktyky [Experience and Prospects of the Scientific Support of the Problems of Hygienic Science and Practice]. Kyiv ; 2011 : 70-80 (in Ukrainian).
3. Young People’s Health in Context. Health Behavior in Schoolaged Children (HBSC) Study : International Report from the 2001/2002 Survey / Candace Currie et al. (eds.). Copenhagen : WHO Regional Office for Europe, 2007: 270 p.
4. Basaniets L.M. & ²vanova O.². Dovk³llia ta zdorovia. 2008 ; 4 (47) : 50-53 (in Russian).
5. Hozak S.V. Rozrobka zdoroviazberihaiuchykh tekhnolohii orhanizatsii navchal- noho protsesu – vymoha chasu [Development of Health Preserving Technologies for the Organization of the Educational Process – Requirements of Time]. In : Aktualni pytannia hihi- ieny ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy [Actual Issues of Hygiene and Ecological Safety of Ukraine]. Kyiv ; 2012 ; 12 : 169-170 (in Ukrainian).
6. Merkulova T.V., Yefimova T.B. & Hutorova H.V. Vplyv sani- tarnohihiienichnykh faktoriv na stan zdorovia shkoliariv zahal- noosvitnikh zakladiv Kharkivskoi oblasti [Influence of Sanitary- and-Hygienic Factors on the Health State of the School- children at Secondary Schools in Kharkiv Oblast]. In : Medyko- ekolohichni ta sotsialnohihi- ienichni problemy zberezhennia zdorovia ditei Ukrainy [Medicoecological and Socialhigienic Problems of the Health Preserving of Children in Ukraine : Materials of the Conf. Kyiv; 2009 : 212-216 (in Ukrainian).
7. Lieonova I.A. & Khomich M.M. Gigiiena i sanitariia. 2010 ; 2 : 7274 (in Russian).
8. Basanets L.M., Ivanova O.I. & Husak Ye.V. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2009 ; 2 (49) : 69-72 (in Ukrainian).
9. Kapranov S.V. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2013 ; 3 (66) : 7478 (in Ukrainian).
10. Hozak S.V. Hihiiena navchalnoi diialnosti ditei [Hygiene of the Educational Activity of Children]. In : Dosvid ta perspektyvy naukovoho suprovodu problem hihiienichnoi nauky ta praktyky [Experience and Prospects of the Scientific Support of the Problems of Hygienic Science and Practice]. Kyiv ; 2011 : 81-96 (in Ukrainian).
11. Serdiuk A.M. (ed.). Standarty dlia otsinky fizychnoho rozvytku shkoliariv [Standards for the Assessment of Physical Development of the Schoolchildren]. Kyiv : Kazka ; 2010 ; 3 : 60 p. (in Ukrainian).
13. Mazurin A.V. & Vorontsov I.M. Propedievtika dietskikh boliezniey [Propedeutics of Children’s Diseases]. Moscow : Meditsina ; 1986 : 431 p. (in Russian).
14. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (Adopted by General Assembly Resolution 44/25 of 20.11.1989 ð.).