|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (97) - December, 2020 - Pages: 46-52
Sanitary-and-epidemiological substantiation of the conditions forthelocation of modern low-capacity enterprises for manufacture of asphalt concrete taking into account changes in technology
Styrta Z.V.1, Mahniuk V.M.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
Objective: We performed sanitary-and-epidemiological and ecological-and- hygienic substantiation of the conditions for the location of low-capacity enterprises for the manufacture of asphalt concrete, developed the hygienic criteria for their location taking into account the newest home sanitary, ecological and town-planning legislations and requirements of the European Union directives.
Materials and methods: In the article we used results of sanitary-and-epidemiological examination of the project materials and applied bibliosemantic, analytical methods.
Results: Òhe sanitary legislation of Ukraine of 1971 and 1996 in the normalization of sanitary-and-protection zone for the above mentioned enterprises was analyzed and compared with the analogous standards in the European countries.
According to the results of the scientific sanitary-and-epidemiological examination of the project materials on the substantiation of the sanitary-and-protection zone for home low-capacity enterprises for the manufacture of asphalt concrete (80% of them were put into operation before 1996), the following was established.
All investigated enterprises work with the prepared bitumen with the implementation of nature protection measures by means of the use of high-efficiency dust and gas cleaning systems, that shortened the gross emissions of the pollutants in ambient air to a large extent and decreased influence on the environment and adjoining settlement territory, that complies with the requirements of the Directive of 2010/75/EÑ of European Parliament and Council on the industrial emissions (integrated prevention and control of contamination), November 24, 2010. Implementation of nature protection measures with the use of the high-efficiency dust and gas cleaning systems at the existent low-capacity enterprises for the manufacture of asphalt concrete provided the absence of the exceed of MPC of the specific pollutants at the distances that were 1.5-3.0 times less than standard sanitary-protective zone that was a cause for the substantiation of the use of new approach at the establishment of sanitary-and-protection zone by the calculation method at building of the new or reconstruction of the existent low-capacity enterprises for the manufacture of asphalt concrete.
low-capacity asphalt concrete plants, pollutants, sealing of technological processes, nature protection measures, sanitary-and-protection zones, calculation method.
1. Kontseptsiia Derzhavnoi tsilovoi ekonomichnoi prohramy rozvytku avtomobilnykh dorih zahalnoho korystuvannia derzhavnoho znachennia na 2018-2022 roky : Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv vid 11.01.2018. [The Concept of the State Target Economic Program for the Development of the Highway of State Importance for 2018-2022: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers, 11.01.2018]. URL : (in Ukrainian). http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/go/34-2018-ð
2. Makhniuk V.M., Harkavyi S.I., Styrta Z.V. and Harkavyi S.S. Ecohygienic Assessment of the Effect of Enterprises Activity Producing Asphalt Concrete on the Condition of Environment Taking into Account the Requirement of Local Legislation and EU Directive. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment & Health). 2019 ; 2 (91) : 41-46. DOI : https://doi.org/10.32402/dovkil2019.02.041
3. Serdiuk A.M., Polka N.S., Makhniuk V.M. et al. Hihiiena planuvannia ta zabudovy naselenykh mists na varti hromadskoho zdorovia (do 85-richnoho yuvileiu DU «Instytut hromadskoho zdorovia im. O.M. Marzieieva NAMNU») [Hygiene of Planning and Construction of the Settlements on the Watch of Public Health (in commemoration of the 85th Anniversary of SI «Marzieiev Institute for Public Health, NAMSU»)]. Kyiv : Medinform ; 2017 : 271 (in Ukrainian).
4. Pro promyslovi vykydy (intehrovane zapobihannia ta kontrol zabrudnennia) : Dyrektyvy 2010/75/YeS Yevropeiskoho Parlamentu ta Rady vid 24 lystopada 2010 roku [On the Industrial Emissions (Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control): Directive 2010/75 / EC of the European Parliament and Council, 24 November, 2010]. URL : (in Ukrainian). https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/55-GOEEI/%202010_ 75_%D0%84% D0%A1.pdf
5. Lynnyk I.E. Otsinka ta prohnozuvannia ekolohichnoho stanu dorozhnoho hospodarstva [Assessment and Prediction of the Ecological State of Road Industry]. Kharkiv : Kharkiv National University of Municipal Economy ; 2017 : 143 (in Ukrainian).
7. Kondratenko O. and Onysko I. Development of Environmental Protection Technology from the Negative Impact of the Production Activity of the Asphalt Concrete Production Factory. In : Development of Modern Science under Global Changes : International Scientific Conference. Riga, Latvia : Baltija Publishing; 2020 : 80-84. URL : https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-588-52-5-26