|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (90) - March, 2019 - Pages: 23-28
Nutrition of the ukrainian military personnel in the zone of joint forces operation : realities and necessity for further changes
Deputat Yu.M.1, Hulich M.P.2
1 Research Institute of Military Medicine, Ukrainian Military Medical Academy
2 SI “O.M. Marzieiev Institute for Public Health, National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”
ÓÄÊ: 613.2 : 355.621/622
Objective: We studied the organization of food supply for military personnel of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (UAF) by the common for all arms norm ¹1 in a zone of Joint Forces Operation (ATO) in 2017 – 2018 in comparison with 2015 – 2016.
Methods: We performed a sociological questioning of the UAF military personnel in JFO zone (Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts) regarding the evaluation of organization and quality of food.
287 servicemen took part in the questioning in 2015-2016; 150 servicemen – in 2017-2018.
We studied the quality of food intake components, keeping to a diet; evaluated the government nutrition system in a whole; and studied the priorities of wishes for nutrition improvement.
Sociological, hygienic, and statistical methods were applied.
We carried out a comparison of the organization of nutrition for military personnel in the JFO (ATO) zone in 2016–2016 and 2017–2018.
Results: In 2017-2018 in comparison with 2015-2016, 38.9% of the respondents noted the positive shifts in the organization of the nutrition for military personnel in the east of Ukraine; about 50.5% of the respondents noted the absence of changes; about 10.6% of the respondents informed about a deterioration of nutrition. The respondents noted a number of significant shortcomings: irregular nutrition, inopportune preparation and delivery of food, food sameness, fast onset of hunger sensation. They expressed wishes for the improvement of food intake.
Conclusion: The obtained results indicate a necessity for further improvement of the organization of food supply for military personnel of the Ukrainian Arm Forces in JFO zone by introduction and guarantee of all measures developed by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, as well as a strict monitoring of these activities.
sociological questioning, military personnel nutrition, common for all arms norm ¹1, evaluation of nutrition organization and quality, Joint Forces Operation (JFO) zone.
1. Hulich M.P., Deputat Yu.M., Yashchenko O.V., Liubarska L.S., Kharchenko O.O. and Moiseienko I.Ye. Naukove obgruntuvannia udoskonalennia norm kharchuvannia viiskovosluzhbovtsiv Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy vidpovidno do standartiv NATO [Scientific Substantiation of the Improvement of Nutrition Standards of the Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Accordance with NATO Standards]. In : Aktualni pytannia zakhystu dovkillia ta zdorovia naselennia Ukrainy (rezultaty naukovykh rozrobok 2016 r. [Actual Issues of the Environment and Health Protection of the Population of Ukraine (Results of Scientific Developments in 2016)]. Kyiv; 2017; 3 : 279-313 (in Ukrainian).
2. Hulich M.P., Deputat Yu.M. and Liubarska L.S. Do pytannia neobkhidnosti udoskonalennia norm kharchuvannia viiskovosluzhbovtsiv ZS Ukrainy v zoni ATO [On the Issue of the Necessity for Improvement of the Nutrition Standards of the Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the ATO Zone.]. In : Aktualni pytannia hihiieny ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy (trynadtsiati marzieievski chytannia) [Actual Issues of Hygiene and Ecological Safety of Ukraine (the Thirteenth Marsieiev’s Reading)]. Kyiv ; 2017 ; 17 : 115 – 117 (in Ukrainian).
3. Plan dii vprovadzhennia oboronnoi reformy u 2016-2020 rokakh (Dorozhnia karta oboronnoi reformy) (15.08.2016 ð). [Action Plan on the Implementation of the Defense Reform in 2016-2020 (Road Map for Defense Reform) (15.08.2016).]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://www.mil.gov.ua/content/tenders/Plan_2208.pdf
4. Kontseptsiia Reformy systemy prodovolchoho zabezpechennia ta kharchuvannia viiskovosluzhbovtsiv Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy [Conception of the Reform of the System of Food Supply and Nutrition of the Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine]. (in Ukrainian).URL : http://www.mil.gov.ua/content/files/reforms/harch.pdf
6. Pro perekhid viiskovykh chastyn (ustanov, zakladiv) Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy na systemu prodovolchoho zabezpechennia iz zastosuvanniam katalohu produktiv kharchuvannia u 2018 rotsi [On the Transfer of Military Units (Institutions, Establishments) of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to the System of Food Supply with the Use of the Food Catalog in 2018: Order of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, 01.12.2018, ¹12]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://www.mil.gov.ua/content/mou_orders/ 12_nm_2018.pdf
8. Deputat Yu.M. Otsinka orhanizatsii kharchuvannia v zoni provedennia antyterorystychnoi operatsii na skhodi Ukrainy [Assessment of Nutrition Organization in the Area of Anti-Terrorist Operation in the East of Ukraine]. In : Epidemiolohichni doslidzhennia v profilaktychnii ta klinichnii medytsyni, prysviacheni zasnovnyku zakhidnoi epidemiolohii Dzhonu Snou : materialy konferentsii [Epidemiological Studies in Prophylactic and Clinical Medicine Devoted to the Founder of Western Epidemiology : Mater. Sci.-Pract. Conf.]. Khariv ; 2018 : 26-28 (in Ukrainian).
9. Lapach S.N., Chubenko À.V. and Babych P.N. Statisticheskie metody v medico-biologicheskikh issledovaniyakh s ispolzoaniem Excel [Statistical Methods in Biomedical Research using Excel]. Kiev : MORION ; 2001 : 408 p. (in Russian).
10. Pro normy kharchuvannia viiskovosluzhbovtsiv Zbroinykh Syl, inshykh viiskovykh formuvan ta Derzhavnoi sluzhby spetsialnoho zviazku ta zakhystu informatsii, politseiskykh, osib riadovoho ta nachalnytskoho skladu pidrozdiliv Derzhavnoi fiskalnoi sluzhby, osib riadovoho, nachalnytskoho skladu orhaniv I pidrozdiliv tsyvilnoho zakhystu : Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy ¹ 426 vid 29 bereznia 2002 r. [On the Nutritional Standards of the Armed Forces, other Military Formations, and the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection, Policemen, Soldiers, and Officers of the Units of the State Fiscal Service, Servicemen, Officers of the Bodies and Departments of Civil Defense, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, ¹ 426, March 29, 2002]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/426-2002-%D0%BF