|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (82) - 2017 - Pages: 35-38
Risk approach to sanitary-andepidemiological assessment of the location of modern filling stations
Mohylnyi S.M.1, Makhniuk V.M.1, Chernychenko I.O.1, Lytvychenko O.M.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
ÓÄÊ: 614 : 711.553 :625.748.54
The aim of the work was to determine indicators of the risk to public health from chemical pollution of the environment caused by emissions from filling stations of various capacities, with regard to the territorial characteristics of residential areas.
Materials and methods. The methods of sanitary-and-hygienic examination of existing facilities, sanitary-and-epidemiological expertise of projects of sanitary protection zones of filling stations of various capacities, the methods of the risk assessment were used.
Conclusions. The results show that the sanitary classification of enterprises and manufacturing requires revision and rationing of differentiated sanitary protection zones (minimum and maximum) for filling stations, taking into account their capacity, implementation of effective environmental protection measures, and applying of risk approach to sanitary-and-epidemiological assessment of filling stations.
The necessity of introducing of equipment to contain carcinogenic fumes when refueling vehicles at existing and projected filling stations is proven. This will reduce the air pollution of the filling station’ working area and the environment of the adjacent residential area.
filling station, sanitary-andepidemiological assessment, risk assessment, environment contamination
1. Serdiuk A.M., Polka N.S., Makhniuk V.M. Suchasni problem hihiieny planuvannia ta zabudovy naselenykh mists (normatyvno- pravove rehuliuvannia) : monohra- fiia [Modern Problems of Planning Hygiene and Construction of Resi- dential Areas (Standard-and-Legi- slative Regulation)]. Êyiv : Ìåä³íôîðì; 2014 : 174 p. (in Ukrainian).
2. Makhniuk V.M., Mohilnyi S.N. and Antomonov M.Yu. Gigiienicheskiie voprosy peresmotra normativnoy sanitarno-zashchitnoy zony dlia avtozapravochnykh stantsyy [Hy- gienic Issues of the Review of the Normative Sanitary-and-Protective Zone for Filling Stations]. In : Zdorovie I okruzhaiushchaia sreda [Health and Environment] : Coll. Scientific Works. Minsk ; 2015 ; 1, Iss. 25 : 66-69 (in Russian).
3. Mohylnyi S.M., Makhniuk V.M. and Lytvychenko O.M. Hihiienichni vymohy do rozmishchennia suchasnykh avtomobilnykh zapravnykh stantsii v umovakh selbyshchnoi terytorii krupnykh mist [Hygienic Requirements to the Location of Modern Filling Station at the Territory of Large Cities]. In : Zbirnyk materialiv naukovo-prakt. konf. «Dovkillia i zdorovia», prysvi- achenoi 30-richiu Chornobylskoi katastrofy [Coll. of the Materials of Sci.-Pract. Conf. "Environment and Health" Devoted to the 30-th Anniversary of the Chornobyl Cata- strophe]. Ternopil : Ukrmedknyha ; 2016 : 172 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Otsinka ryzyku dlia zdorovia nase- lennia vid zabrudnennia atmosfer- noho povitria : metodychni reko- mendatsii ÌÐ 2.2.12–142–2007 [Risk Assessment of the Health of the Population from the Ambient Air Pollution : Methodical Recommendations MP2.2.12–142–2007]. Kyiv ; 2007: 28 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Derzhavni sanitarni pravyla planuvannia ta zabudovy naselenykh punktiv : DSP ¹173-96 [State Sanitary Rules for Planning and Construction of the Settlements: State Sanitary Rules ¹173-96]. In : Zbirnyk vazhlyvykh ofitsiinykh materialiv z sanitarnykh I protyepidemichnykh pytan [Collection of the Important Official Materials on Sanitary and Anti-Epidemiological Issues]. Kyiv ; 1996 ; 5 (P. 1) : 8-93 (in Ukrainian).
6. Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Perelik rechovyn, produktiv, vyrob- nychykh protsesiv, pobutovykh ta pryrodnykh faktoriv, kantserohen- nykh dlia ludyny : hihiienichnyi normatyv HN 220.127.116.11-2006 [The List of Substances, Products, Production Processes, Household and Environmental Factors Carcinogenic for Man: Hygienic Standard HN 18.104.22.168-2006. Kyiv ; 2006 : 17 p. (in Ukrainian).