|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (98) - 2021 - Pages: 66-71
The study of the completeness of the removal of the detergents from children's clothes by the amount of anionic surfactants in wastewater
Holichenkov O.M.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Domaratska Yu.S.1, e-mail: email@example.com, Liashenko V.I.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Maistrenko Z.Yu.1, e-mail: email@example.com, Umanets H.P.1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Kucherenko O.Yu.1, e-mail: email@example.com
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
ÓÄÊ: 613.48/49-053.2 : 648.18 : 543.395
Objective: We determined a safety level of the agents by the residual amount of the anionic surfactants in wastewater from the objects after their washing with the agents for the treatment of children's products.
Materials and methods: 16 detergents for children's clothes washing were purchased at the supermarkets of Kyiv. In our study we applied sanitary-and-chemical research methods: express method for the assessment of the anionic surfactants on the clothes fabrics; an extraction-photometric method for the determination of the the residual amount of the main active substances of the anionic surfactants in the experimental sample.
Results: The analysis of the results shows that there is a significant difference in the surfactant amount in the wastewater after washing with powder and liquid detergents based on the synthetic anionic surfactants and natural soap. Therefore, the anionic surfactants are rinsing best of all from the clothes washed with the detergents based on natural soaps (Soaps “Droog”, “Clean & White”, “Kroha”). After washing of the children's clothes with powder and liquid detergents for automatic washing based on synthetic anionic surfactants, the residual amount of the anionic surfactants on the fabrics exceeds the accepted hygienic standard.
Conclusions: It has been discovered that even after repeated rinsing, the fabrics, treated with washing powder and liquid detergents, contain the residual amount of the anionic surfactants that exceeds normative parameters (8 of 13 investigated detergents based on the anionic surfactants) by 2-3 times.
Taking into account a specificity of children’s functional skin state, especially the incompletely formed multistage protection system, it is recommended to use the detergents based on natural soap and products containing less than 5% of the surfactants for washing of the clothes of the children aged 0 to 6 years.
detergents for washing of children's clothes, anionic surfactant residual amount, surfactants
1. Gorlanov I.A., Leina L.M. and Milyavskaya I.R. Kozha novorozhdennykh: differentsialnaya diagnostika patologicheskikh sostoyaniy, osobennosti ukhoda [The Skin of the Newborns: Differential Diagnosis of Pathological Conditions, Care Peculiarities]. Meditsinskiy sovet. 2013 ; 2 : 41-49 (in Russian). URL : https://www.med-sovet.pro/jour/article/view/905
2. Keshishyan E.S. Anatomo-fiziologicheskiye osobennosti stroyeniya kozhi v detskom vozraste [Anatomical-and-Physiological Features of the Structure of the Skin in Childhood]. Meditsinskiy sovet.2008 ; 1-2 : 57-60 (in Russian).
4. Materialy ta vyroby tekstylni, shkiriani I khutrovi. Osnovni hihiienichni vymohy : DSanPiN 3.3-182-2012 [Textile, Leather and Fur Materials and Products. Basic Hygienic Rquirements: SSanRN 3.3-182-2012]. Kyiv ; 2012. (in Ukrainian). (Last accessed 22.03.2019). URL : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0086-13
5. Ukrainian Scientific Center for Water Protection. Metodyka ekstraktsiino-fotometrychnoho vyznachennia anionnykh poverkhnevo-aktyvnykh rechovyn (APAR) z metylenovym blakytnym u pryrodnykh ta stichnykh vodakh: kerivnyi normatyvnyi dokument KND 211.1.4.017-95 [Methods of Extraction-Photometric Determination of Anionic Surfactants (APAR) with Methylene Blue in Natural and Waste Water : Guiding Standard Document GSD 211.1.4.017-95]. (in Ukrainian) (Last accessed 1.04.2019 ð.). URL : http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page.html?id_doc=53449
6. Ekspress-metod opredeleniya anionnykh poverkhnostno-aktivnykh veshchestv na tkanyakh odezhdy [Express Method for the Determination of Anionic Surfactants on Clothing Fabrics]. Kiev ; 1993 ; 4 (in Russian).