|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (104) - September, 2022 - Pages: 48-56
Analytical review of the results of monitoring epidemiological studies and infectious disease in the Kirovohrad region
1 Donetsk National Medical University, Kropyvnytskyi
ÓÄÊ: 351.77 : 616-036.22
Objective: The aim of the work is to develop approaches to improving the information and analytical support for monitoring epidemiological studies and infectious diseases in the activities of public health institutions.
Materials and methods: The studies were carried out on the basis of a retrospective review of long-term monitoring of epidemiological observations of infectious morbidity and indicators of microbiological and chemical pollution of environmental factors, performed by the state institution «Kirovohrad Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine». In this case, the following methods were used: dialectical - to determine the essence of information and analytical support for the activities of public health institutions; functional, comparative analysis - to analyze the activities of the state institution "Kirovohrad Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine"; model, integrated approaches - to develop a model of information and analytical support for the activities of public health institutions and measures for its implementation in practice; methods of statistical analysis - to determine the characteristics of the study of environmental objects and the dynamics of infectious diseases in the population.
Results: According to monitoring observations of environmental objects in medical institutions, preschool and general educational institutions, social security institutions of the Kirovohrad region for 2020, which included data from 4196 studies, it was found that almost 15% of them do not meet the requirements of regulatory documents. At the same time, microbiological studies included 1207 samples and measurements, of which 117 samples (9.7%) were inappropriate, sanitary-chemical studies amounted to 2989 samples, of which 146 samples were inappropriate (4.9%) exceeding the permissible standards. The largest number of samples that do not comply with regulatory documents and pose a threat to human health were found in non-centralized water supply 77 samples. The analysis of the infectious morbidity of the population in the Kirovohrad region covered the period of 2018-2020, the dynamic review of which showed that, according to the criterion of general morbidity, the number of cases of infectious diseases is growing over time, while the incidence of infectious diseases in children tends to decrease. A number of shortcomings in accounting and data processing have been identified.
Conclusions: The expediency of improving the methodological, software and technological support of the information and analytical direction of the functioning of the state institution "Kirovohrad Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine" is shown. This will improve the efficiency and quality of the implementation of monitoring studies, as well as the processing and analysis of the obtained data on the state of the environment and public health and the adoption of timely management decisions on its conservation.
sanitary-epidemiological studies, analysis of monitoring data, infectious morbidity
4. Varenko V.M. Informatsiino-analitychna diialnist: navchalnyi posibnyk. [Information and Analytical Activity: Study Guide]. Kyiv ; 2014 : 417 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Vyrovyi S.V. Informatsiino-analitychne zabezpechennia diialnosti orhaniv derzhavnoi vlady ta mistsevoho samovriaduvannia. Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnia : zbirnyk naukovykh prats. Lvivskyi rehionalnyi instytut derzhavnoho upravlinnia Natsionalnoi akademii derzhavnoho upravlinnia pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy [Information and Analytical Support for the Activities of state Authorities and Local Self-Government. Effectiveness of Public Administration: A Collection of Scientific Papers. Lviv Regional Institute for Public Administration of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine]. Lviv ; 2014 ; 39 : 201–206 (in Ukrainian).
6. Gantsiuk T.D. Informatsiino-analitychne zabezpechennia diialnosti orhaniv publichnoi vlady v Ukraini: dzhereloznavchyi analiz dyskursnoho polia. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok [Information and Analytical Support for the Activities of Public Authorities in Ukraine: Source-Based Analysis of the Discourse Field. Public Administration: Improvement and Development]. 2018; 8. URL: http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1
8. Sarychev Yu.O. Analiz pidkhodiv shchodo vyznachennia suchasnoi roli ta mistsia informatsiinoho zabezpechennia v systemi derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Analysis of Approaches to Determining the Modern Role and Place of Information Provision in the State Administration System]. Bulletin of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine. 2016 ; 3 (82) : 138-143 (in Ukrainian).
9. Sarychev Yu.O. Informatsiino-analitychne zabezpechennia yak vyd informatsiinoho zabezpechennia v systemi derzhavnoho upravlinnia [Information and Analytical Support as a Type of Information Support in the State Administration System]. Bulletin of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine. 2017 ; 3 : 120-126. URL: http://visnyk.academy.gov.ua/pages/dop/72/files/d59ffb4a-0cee-479e-b085-b6037efd22d1.pdf