|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 15-19
Bioindication of soil contamination with disel oil fuel using phytotest
Shevchenko Î.À.1, Kulahin Î.Î.1
1 State Establishment "Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of Health Ministry of Ukraine"
ÓÄÊ: 614.77 : 504.5 : 543.275.2 : 614.78/.79
Objective. We assessed a phytotoxic effect of various concentrations of diesel fuel (DF) on wheat and radish germination in the laboratory experiment for its further hygienic regulation in soil.
Material and methods. We used a phytotesting method. Plants sensitive to the action of oil products (wheat and radish) were used as a test claimant under conditions of the simulation of maximum effect of diesel fuel. In the laboratory experiment we used DF according to DSTC 4840:2007 «Diesel Fuel. Improved Quality» manufactured by Àvias ITF LTD. Statistical processing of the material was performed applying the program package Microsoft Excel 2010 and STATISTICA v.6.1®.
Results. During the laboratory experiment the concentrations of DF were established to inhibit the germination of seed and to retard the development of roots of the test plants not less than by 20% relatively to control.
Conclusions. According to the results of the laboratory experiment a scientifically substantiated threshold concentration of diesel fuel, causing a phytotoxic effect, makes up 1500 mg/kg.
diesel fuel, hygienic regulation, threshold concentration, phytotest, test-culture.
1. Prodanchuk N.G., Chmil V.D. Sovremennye problemy toksikologii. 2002 ; 2 : 51-55 (in Russian).
2. Ryzhenko N.O. Gruntoznavstvo. 2006 ; 1 : 93-101 (in Ukrainian).
3. Shevchenko O.A., Derkachov E.A., Smyrnov Yu.B. Osoblyvosti translokatsii vazhkykh metaliv u gruntakh, shcho rekultyvovani z zastosuvannia mpromyslovykh vidkhodiv [Features of the Translocation of Heavy Metals in Soils Recultivated with the Industrial Waste]. In : Aktualni pytannia hihiieny ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy : tezy konf. [Topic Issues of Hygiene and Ecological Safety of Ukraine : Conf. Theses]. Kyiv ; 2000 : 46-47 (in Ukrainian).
4. Clark M., McConchie D., Saenger P., Pillsworth M. Journal of Coastal Research. 1997 ; 13 (4) : 1150-1153.
7. Hocking P.J., McLaughlin M.J. Chemosphere. 2002 ; 11 : 353-368.
10. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po gigienicheskomu obosnovaniiu PDK khimicheskikh veshchestv v pochve ¹2609-82 [Methodical Recommendations on the Hygienic Substantiation of the MACof the Chemical Substances in Soil ¹ 2609-82]. Moscow ; 1982 : 57 p. (in Russian).
11. Goncharuk E.I., Sidorenko G.I. Gigienicheskoe normirovanie khimicheskikh veshchestv v pochve [Hygienic Rationing of Chemical Substances in Soil ]. Moscow : Meditsina ; 1986 : 320 p. (in Russian).
12. Rebrova O.Yu. Statisticheskii analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primenenie paketa prikladnykh program STATISTICA [Statistical Analysis of Medical Data. Application of the Packet of the STATISTICA Program]. Moscow : Media Sfera ; 2002 : 312 p. (in Russian).