|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (90) - March, 2019 - Pages: 29-32
The problems of the use of food additives in the infant’s foodstuffs
Ivakhno A.P.1, Koziarin I.P.1
1 National P.L. Shupyk Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
ÓÄÊ: 613.22 (.002.35)
The article presents the data on the use of food additives in the infant’s food intakes, their classification, effects on the organism, measures for the prevention of negative impact.
Objective: We analysed the research data on the use of food additives in the food intakes of the infants.
Materials and methods: We analyzed the data of the scientific research on the use of food additives in the nutrition of the infants.
Results: Nutritional additives are widely used throughout the world but the number of special foods for the children allowed for the manufacture for the children is significantly limited, especially in dyes, flavors, sweeteners, and sugar substitutes.
Conclusions: There is no effective control of the production and use of food additives, especially in the manufacture of the infant’s food in Ukraine until now. Separate inspections do not allow a full guarantee of the fulfillment of approved standards by the manufacturers and a complete elimination of the situations where they may use prohibited food additives.
children, infant’s food, food additives, special foodstuffs.
1. Adamchuk Ò.V. Problemy kharchuvannia. 2003 ; 1 : 68 – 70 (in Ukrainian).
2. Buldakov À.S. Pishchevye dobavki. Spravochnik. 2nd ed. [Dietary Additives. Reference Book. 2-nd Ed.]. Ìoscow : DeLiPrint ; 2001 : 436 p. (in Russian).
3. Voloshyn Î.². and Splavskyi Î.². Osnovy zdorovoho kharchuvannia [Background of Healthy Nutrition]. Chernivtsi : Bukrek ; 2006 : 304 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Vankhanen V.D. and Tsypriian V.I. (eds.) Hihiiena kharchuvannia : Praktychne kerivnytstvo [Food Hygiene: Practical Guide]. Donetsk : Donechchyna ; 2005 : 552 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Tsypriian V.I. (ed.) Hihiiena kharchuvannia z osnovamy nutrytsiolohii : pidruchnyk [Food Hygiene with the Background of Nutritiology: Manual]. Êyiv : Medytsyna ; 2007 ; Book 2 : 227 – 250 (in Ukrainian).
6. Hrebniak Ì.P. Profilaktychna medytsyna ditey ta pidlitkiv [Preventive Medicine for Children and Adolescents]. Dnipropetrovsk : Porohy ; 2013 : 388 p. (in Ukrainian).
7. Yevropeiski vymohy do kharchovykh dobavok [European Requirements to the Dietary Additives. Reference Book]. Lviv : Leonorm ; 1997 : 126 p. (in Ukrainia).
8. Kobzar À.Ya., Korzun V.N., Karandieieva N.². and Dziuba Ye.Î. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment and Health). 2013 ; 1 ; 70 – 74 (in Ukrainian).
9. Pro zatverdzhennia Norm fiziolohichnykh potreb naselennia Ukrainy v osnovnykh kharchovykh rechovynakh I enerhii : Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy ¹ 1073 vid 03.09.2017 [On the Approval of the Norms of Physiological Needs of the Population of Ukraine in the Main Nutrients and Energy: Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No.1073, September 3, 2017]. (in Ukrainian). URL : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1206-17
10. Neira P. Ratsionalnoe pitanie [Balanced Diet]. Kharkov ; 2005 : 382 p. (in Russian).
11. Tutelian V.A. (ed.) Rukovodstvo po detskomu pitaniyu [Guide on Infant Food]. Ìoscow : Meditsinskoe informatsionnoe agenstvo ; 2004 : 662 p. (in Russian).
12. Smoliar V.². Fiziolohiia ta hihiiena kharchuvannia [Physiology and Food Hygiene ]. Kyiv : Zdorovia ; 2000 : 335 p. (in Ukrainian).