|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (92) - September, 2019 - Pages: 4-10
Lost years of potential life in the population of Ukraine as an indicator for the determination of health care priority tasks
Serdiuk A.M.1, Kartashova S.S.2
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
2 Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
ÓÄÊ: 614: 314.144: 314.4 : 338.001.36(477)
Objective: We improved the application of the methodology for the evaluation of the health of the population of Ukraine in terms of PLYPL in medico-demographic and financial-and-economic aspects, ranking of the regions of Ukraine by the standardized parameter of premature death risk.
Materials and methods: The data on gender and age structure of the population and the forms of state statistical reporting were used as a source of primary information.
Results and conclusions: In the population of Ukraine, the average annual number of the lost years of potential life of all causes of death (A00-Y99) amounted to 3098840 person-years during 2015-2016, in particular, by three leading classes of the causes of death, these losses made up 909848 person-years of the disease of circulatory system, 523139 person- years of tumors, 670169 person-years of external causes.
The results of the ranking of the regions of the state by the standardized attitude of PLYPL indicated that the worst situation with the losses from premature mortality (all causes of death) was in Dnipropetrovsk and Zhytomyr regions, the best - in Vinnytsia, Ternopil, and Ivano-Frankivsk regions where the maximum relative risk in comparison with the other state territories did not exceed 0.8 at 5 % significance level.
The lost profit of the state for 2015 - 2016 as a result of premature mortality of the population (all causes of death) in monetary terms made up 433838 million UAH, while the total contribution of three main classes of causes of death (I00-I99, C00-D48, V01-Y99) didn’t exceed 68 %, although in the classical structure of mortality, it is approximately equal 87 %. The latter indicates that a proper attention isn’t paid to premature mortality due to such reasons as infectious and parasitic diseases (A00-B99), respiratory diseases (J00-J99) and diseases of digestive organs (K00-K93), certain states, arising in the perinatal period (P00-P96), congenital malformations, deformities and chromosomal abnormalities (Q00-Q99).
lost years of potential life, standardized risk of mortality by causes of death, lost and potential profit.
1. Spitsyna L.Yu. and Spitsyn V.V. Ekonomicheskiy analiz: teoriya I praktika. 2015 ; 16 (415) : 16-25 (in Russian).
2. Opryliudnennia ekspres-vypuskiv Derzhstatu u 2018 rotsi [Promulgation of the Express-Editions of the Derzhstat in 2018 ]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
3. Svetyi L.I., Lopukhova V.À., Tarasenko I.V. and Klimkin A.S. Zdorove I obrazovanie v XXI veke. 2013 ; 1-4 : 234-235 (in Russian).
5. Murray C.J.L. and Lopez A.D. Global Burden of Disease: A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020 (The Global Burden of Disease and Injury). Geneva : WHO; 1996. URL : http://www.who.int/iris/handle/10665/41864
7. Kartashova S.S., Shchetinina Î.Ê. and Kaneva Ò.V. Vartist serednostatystychnoho zhyttia v Ukraini: mizhnarodnyi dosvid, rekomendatsii pry vykorystanni [Cost of the Average Life in Ukraine : International Experience, Recommendations at the Application]. In : Hromadske zdorovia: proplemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku: mater. konf. [Public Health: Problems and Prospects of the Development: Mater. Conf. ]. Ostroh, Ukraine ; 2018 : 198-200 (in Ukrainian).
8. Serdiuk A.M., Tymchenko Î.². and Kartashova S.S. Henofond I zdorovia naselennia: Rosvytok metodolohii otsinky : monohrafiia [Gene Pool and Health of Population: Development of Assessment Methodology : Monograph]. Kyiv : Medinform ; 2008 : 183 p. (in Ukrainian).