|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (82) - 2017 - Pages: 13-16
Influence of the magnetic field of industrial frequency on the state of prooxidant-antioxidant indicators in the organism of experimental animals
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
ÓÄÊ: 613.648.2 : 612.:57.081.2
Objective. We studied pro- and antioxidant indices in blood and tissues of the organs of the experimental animals under effect of the magnetic field (50 Hz) of different intensity levels.
Materials and methods. The effect of the magnetic field of 50 Hz (10, 30 and 90 µT) was studied in the experiments on white Wistar rats using biochemical methods, such as determination of the content of malonic dialdehyde and catalase in blood.
Results. The obtained results show the accumulation of MDA-products of lipid peroxidation. The increase in catalase activity as an enzyme of the antioxidant protection system was not sufficient to inactivate LPO. The noted violations were dependent on the intensity level and the action time of the MP 50 Hz.
Conclusions. Under the influence of the magnetic field intensification of the processes of lipid peroxidation in the organs and blood of rats occurs and is accompanied by the activation of catalase. This may indicate a certain imbalance between pro- and antioxidant processes, since the induction of free radical processes is not balanced by the antioxidant protection system.
magnetic field of industrial frequency (50 Hz), lipid peroxidation, antioxidant system
1. Serdiuk A.M., Duman- sky³ Yu.D., Nikitina N.G., Tomashevskaia L.A., Bezdol- naia I.S. et al. Problemy zashchi- ty zdorovia naseleniia ot vliianiia magnitnogo polia promyshlennoi chastity (50 Hz) [Problems of the Population Health Protection from the Effect of Magnetic Fields of the Industrial Frequency (50 Hz)]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv, 1999 ; 35 : 148-153 (in Russian).
2. Dumanskyi Yu.D., Serdiuk A.M. and Selezniov B.Yu. Elektromah- nitne zabrudnennia navkolysh- nioho seredovyshcha – suchasna hihiienichna problema (pidsumky ta perspektyva doslidzhen) [Electromagnetic Contamination of the Environment – Modern Hygienic Problem (Results and Prospects of Research]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv, 2003 ; 41 : 195-203 (in Ukrainian).
3. Martyniuk V.S., Tseisler Yu.V. and Temu- rianz N.A. Geograficheskiye protsessy i biosfera. 2012 ; 11 (1) : 16–39 (in Russian).
4. Marsakova N.V. and Valkin O.N. Pedagogiko-psikhologicheskiye i medico-biologicheskiye prob- lemy fizicheskoi kultury i sporta. 2016 ; 2 : 185-190 (in Russian).
5. Kuznezov K.B., Plieva A.M., Zakirova A.P. and Temerkeeva Ya.M. Vestnik Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta putei soobshcheniya. 2016 ; 4 : 159-169 (in Russian).
6. 1.Vereshchako G.G., Go- rokh G.A., Kozlov A.Ye. and Sukhareva D.V. Reaktsiya neko- torykh pokazateley krovi krys- samtsov na prodolzhytelnoie vozdeistviye MP PCh (50 Hz) [Reaction of Some Blood Indices of Rats-Males on the Prolonged Exposure of MF of Industrial Frequency (50 Hz)]. In : Sanitarno-epidemiologich- eskaia sluzhba Respubliki Belarus: istoriia, aktualnye problemy na sovremennom etape i perspektivy razvitiia : sbornik nauch. trudov konf. [Sanitary-and Epidemiological Service of the Republic of Belarus: History, Actual Problems at Modern Stage and Prospects of Development: Coll Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Health and Environment”]. Minsk : BGMU; 2016 : 212-214 (in Russian).