|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (83) - 2017 - Pages: 39-41
Analysis of radiation exposure effect on the development of non-tumoral morbidity in the persons evacuated in childhood and adolescence from the 30 km zone of the Chornobyl NPP
Prykashchykova K.Ye.1, Pavlovskyi Ye.Ye.1, Yaroshenko Zh.S.1, Kostiuk H.V.1, Gned M.Ye.1, Mykhailovskyi Ye.L.1, Solonovych S.I.1, Lukianiuk V.O.1, Oliper O.V.1, Syrovenko V.I.1
1 SI “National Research Centre for Radiation Medicine of National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv
ÓÄÊ: 614.876 : 616.001.28 : 613.954/955
Objective: We studied the development of non-tumoral morbidity for the period of 1993-2012 in the adults evacuated in childhood and adolescence from the 30 km zone of the Chornobyl NPP depending on the doses of radiation exposure and gender.
Materials and methods: We calculated the relative risk (RR) and its confidence interval (CI) at different values of small doses of external radiation exposure of the whole body (less than 0.05 Gy – the control group, 0.05 – 0.37 Gy) to find out the dependence of the development of non-tumoral morbidity in the cohort as a whole (3866 persons) on the age at the moment of the evacuation (children - 3024 persons, teenagers – 842 persons), gender and doses of radiation exposure.
Results and conclusions: For the post-accidental period during 1993-2012 especially high risks of the development of cataract, the value of RR (CI) - 4.10 (3.92; 4.28), male genital diseases, female genital inflammatory diseases, diseases of mammary gland, iron-deficiency anemia, the value of RR (CI) - from 2.32 (2.22; 2.42) to 2.63(2.51; 2.75) were identified in the persons evacuated in adolescence in comparison with the persons evacuated in childhood. Significant relative risks were detected for thyroid diseases, white blood diseases, neurotic disorders, psychopathy and other psychotic disorders, disorders of non-psychotic character, hypertension, cerebrovascular diseases, gallbladder diseases, biliary tract and pancreas diseases, urinary system diseases, RR(CI) from 1.09 (1.04;. 1,14) to 1.85 (1.76; 1.93).
Chornobyl accident, radiation exposure, non-tumoral morbidity, persons evacuated in childhood, persons evacuated in adolescence
1. Buzunov V. A., Pirogova E. A. and Tsuprikov V. A. Neopukholevaia zabolevaemost i smertnost evakuirovannogo naseleniia [Non-Tumoral Morbidity and Mortality in the Evacuated Population]. In : Dvadtsat piat let Chernobylskoi katastrofy. Bezopasnost budushchego : Natsionalnyi doklad Ukrainy [Twenty Five Years of the Chernobyl Catastrophe. Safety of the Future : National Report of Ukraine ]. Kiev : K²M ; 2011 : 163–174 (in Russian).
2. Kaminskyy O. V. Osoblyvosti rozvytku nezloiakisnoi endokrynnoi patolohii u postrazhdalykh vnaslidok avarii na ChAES ta rol hormonalnykh vzaiemozviazkiv [Features of the Development of Non-Malignant Endocrine Pathology in the Persons Suffered as a Result of the Accident at the ChNPP and the Role of Hormonal Relationships]. In: Problemy radiatsiinoi medytsyny ta radiobiolohii [Problems of Radiation Medicine and Radiobiology]. Kyiv ; 2014 ; 19 : 256–266 (in Ukrainian).
3. Lohanovskyi K. M. Zhurn. AMN Ukrainy. 2006 ; 12 (1) : 185–195 (in Ukrainian).
4. Talko V. V., Kovalenko O. M., Dmytruk S. M. et al. Lipidno-lipoproteinovyi metabolizm za dii ionizuiuchoho vyprominiuvannia (kliniko-eksperymentalne doslidzhennia) [Lipid-Lipoprotein Metabolism under Effect of Ionizing Radiation (Clinical and Experimental Study)]. In : Materialy V zizdu Radiobiolohichnoho tovarystva Ukrainy [Materials of the V Congress of Radiological Society of Ukraine]. Uzhhorod ; 2009 : 58–59 (in Ukrainian).
5. Yakymenko D. M. and Moroz H.Z. Stan orhaniv travlennia v osib, yaki zaznaly dii khronichnoho oprominennia [State of Digestive Organs in the Persons Affected Chronic Irradiation]. In : Chornobyl. Zona vidchuzhennia: zb. nauk. prats [Chornobyl. The Exclusion Zone: Coll. Sci. Works]. Kyiv : Naukova Dumka ; 2001 : 246–254 (in Ukrainian).