|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (78) - 2016 - Pages: 35-38
Assessment of the greenery planting level in sanitary protection zones of the Dnipropetrovsk industrial enterprises
HOROVA A.I.1, BUCHAVY YU.V.1
1 State University "National Mining University", Dnipropetrovsk
”ń : 57.42: 528.88
Objective. We studied a level of the greenery planting in the sanitary protection zones (SPZ) of the Dnepropetrovsk industrial enterprises.
Materials and žethods. We applied the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) for the assessment of the level of territoriesí greening planting and the quality of green space. For its calculation we used the multispectral aerial photographs obtained from the archives of satellite imagery Landsat 8. Processing of aerial photos, calculation of average-seasonal values of the NDVI, as well as their classification with a further zone-statistical analysis at the territories of the SPZ were performed in the program ESRI ARCMAP 9.
Results. The green areas at the territories of the SPZ were determined to be placed irregularly. A significant part of the SPZ territories of the industrial enterprises is characterized by rare vegetation and open soil. The enterprises that didnít meet the requirements for the amount of vegetated areas of the SPZ were revealed as a result of zone-statistical analysis.
sanitary protection zone, greenery planting of the territory, vegetation in-dices, industrial enterprises, remote sensing
1. MOZ Ukrainy Derzhavni sanitarni pravyla planuvannia ta zabudovy naselenykh punktiv : DSP 173-96 [National Sanitary Rules for Planning and Building of the Settlements : NSR 173-96] . Kyiv, 1996 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kucheryavyi V.P. Ozelenennia naselenykh mists : pidruchnyk [Landscaping of the Settlements : Manual]. Lviv : Svit ; 2005 : 456 p. (in Ukrainian).
3. Ivanchenko O.Ye., Cherednychenko A.D. Vydovyi sklad ta stan zelenykh nasadzhen sanitarno-zakhysnoi zony pidpryiemstva PAT ęDniprotiazhmashĽ [Species Structure and State of Green Spaces of the Sanitary-Protective Zone at the Public Joint Stock Company Dniprotiazhmash Enterprise]. (in Ukrainian). Available at : http://www.rusnauka.com/38_NIEK_2014/Biologia/2_182390.doc.htm
4. Horova A.I., Buchavyi Yu.V., Pavlychenko A.V., Myronova I.H. Udoskonalennia metodiv otsinky yakosti atmosfernoho povitria iz vykorystanniam roslyn-indykatoriv ta heoinformatsiinykh tekhnolohii [Improvement of the Methods for the Ambient Air Quality Assessment with the Help of Plants-Indicators and Geoinformation Technologies]. In : Ekolohichna bezpeka ta pryrodokorystuvannya [Ecological Safety and Nature Management ]. Kyiv ; 2014 ; 14 : 53-58 (in Ukrainian).
5. Rouse J.W., Haas R.H., Schell J.A., Deering D.W. Monitoring Vegetation Systems in the Great Plains with ERTS. In : 3rd ERTS Symposium. Washington : NASA ; 1973 : 309Ė317.