|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (93) - 2019 - Pages: 24-30
Hygienic and medico-social features of health preservation in the schoolchildren at the institutions of secondary education in modern family
Danylenko H.M.1, Podrigalo L.V.2, Avdiievska O.H.1
1 State Institution "Institute for Children and Adolescents Health Protection of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine"; (Kharkiv National V.N. Karazin University)
2 State Institution "Institute for Children and Adolescents Health Protection of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine"; (Kharkiv State Academy of Physical Education)
”ń : 613.955+371.72:392.3
Objective: We studied the hygienic and medico-social risk factors of health deterioration in the schoolchildren at the institutions of secondary education (ISE) in an oblast center, a small town, and a rural area.
Methods: The study was conducted on the basis of a screening survey of the parents of the schoolchildren at the parent meeting at the ISE: 224 families of two ISE in the oblast center, 109 families of seven small towns ISE, and 208 families of five rural ISE.
Results: The proportion of single-parent families was 14.5% among the schoolchildren of the elementary school of the ISE. In the families without a father, the children had a higher prevalence of mental and behavioral disorders (p <0.01), diseases of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue. Psychological microclimate in the family affected the variability indices of the heart rate. The centralization index rises. In the children from the families where the microclimate is calm, it makes up 5.1 Ī 0.6, where there are conflict states - 8.7 Ī15, (p<0.05). The presence of animal at home had a positive effect on the indicators of biological adaptation. The majority of those children had the most harmonious types of adaptive reactions. Smoking and alcohol consumption among the parents were the unfavourable social factors of the environment for the development of the children. At the time of the study,66.9% of parents and 28.1% of mothers smoked, 84.1% of parents and 76.7% of mothers consumed alcohol. The overall level of school adaptation of the first graders was higher in the families where the parents considered their income level as a ďsufficientĒ one. Children whose parents were financially more capable had twice the rate of birth defects (F = 4.6 p <0.05) and higher physiometric indicators of physical development (F = 7.3 p <0.01).
Conclusions: The social status and psychological microclimate, financial status of the family, living conditions of the children, unhealthy conditions of work and occupational diseases in parents, medical stimulation of childbirth, character of babyís nutrition and character of nutrition, smoking of parents, that was a risk factor for the diseases in the children and led to the deterioration of social-and-psychological, biological adaptation, and success in studies, affected the morbidity and biological adaptation of the children.
health, family, children, schoolchildren.
1. Ashanina N.Ő. Sotsialno-gigienicheskie aspekty razvoda I ego vliyanie na sostoyanie zdorovia materi I rebenka : avtoref. diss. Ö kand. med. Nauk [Social-and-Hygienic Aspects of Divorce and its impact on the Health State of Mother and Child : Abstr. Cand. Med. Sci. Diss.]. Őoscow ; 1997 : 24 p. (in Russian).
2. Afanasenkova N.V. and Makarova V.I. Obrazovatelnaya sreda I sostoyanie zdorovia shkolnikov [Educational Environment and Health State of Schoolchildren ]. In : Zdorovie, obuchenie, vospitanie detey I molodezhi v XXI veke : materialy mezhdunarodnogo kongressa [Health, Education, Upbringing of Children and Youth in the XXI Century : Mater. Inter. Cong. ]. Őoscow ; 2004 ; I; N77 (in Russian).
3. Eliseeva Ň.V. Klinicheskie, sotsialno-gigienicheskie I organizatsionnye aspekty invalidnosti detey : avtoref. diss. Ö kand. med. Nauk [Clinical, Social-and-Hygienic, and Organizational Aspects of Childrenís Disability : Abstr. Cand. Med. Sci. Diss.]. Sankt-PŚÚŚūŠůū„ ; 2004 : 23 p. (in Russian).
4. Danylenko H.Ő., Podrihalo L.V. and Pashkevych S.ņ.Vestnik gigieny I epidemiologii. 2008 ; 12 (1) : 54Ė60 (in Ukrainian).
5. Serheta I.V. and Mostova ő.P. Kompleksna otsinka osoblyvostei perebihu psykhofiziolohichnoi I psykhichnoi adaptatsii uchniv shkilnoho viku u konteksti stvorennia zdoroviazberezhuvalnoho osvitnoho prostoru [Complex Assessment of the Characteristics of the Course of Psychophysiological and Mental Adaptation of School Age Children in the Context of the Creation of Health Preserving Educational Space]. In : Aktualni pytannia fiziolohii, patolohii ta orhanizatsii medychnoh ozabezpechennia ditei shkilnoho viku ta pidlitkiv : materialy konferentsii [ Topical Issues of Physiology, Pathology, and Organization of Medical Support for School Age Children and Adolescents: Materials of the Conf.]. Kharkiv ; 2013 : 124-126 (in Ukrainian).
8. Chapple S. Child Well-Being and SÓle-Parent Family Structure in the őECD: An Analysis. őECD SÓcial EmplÓyment and MigratiÓn WÓrking Papers N 82. Paris: őECD; 2009 : 72 p.
12. FÓrd T., GÓÓdman R. and Meltze H. SÓcial Psychiatry and Psychiatric EpidemiÓlÓgy. 2004 ; 39(6) : 487-496.
13. Salami Ső, AlawÓde EA. Influence Óf single-parenting Ón the academic achievement Óf adÓlescents in secÓndary schÓÓls: ImplicatiÓns fÓr cÓunseling. Ibadan: Department Óf Guidance and CÓunseling University Óf Ibadan; 2000. URL : https://www.academia.edu/20294426/Project_2