|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (78) - 2016 - Pages: 43-46
Evaluation of antral hepatoprotector acute toxicity in alternative test-systems
KUZMINOV B.P.1, MATYSIK S.I.1, ZAZULIAK T.S.1, MYKYTCHAK T.I.2
1 Lviv Danylo Halytsky National Medical University
2 Institute of Ecology of the Carpathians, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Objective. We studied the acute toxicity of Antral in Daphnia magna Straus.
Materials and methods. We determined the acute toxicity of Antral in the concentrations of 0.05; 0.10; 0.20; 0.50; 1.00 and 2.00 mg/l among 180 juvenile Daphnia magna Straus. The control group consisted of 30 individuals which were in the pure cultivation medium. The duration of the experiment made up 96 hours. The toxicity was determined by death not less than 50% of the experimental individuals during 1; 6; 24; 48; 72 and 96 hours. For LC 50 calculation we used a percentage of the individuals perished in the experiment relative to the control. The percentage of mortality was transferred into probit and a concentration of the substance - into their decimal logarithm. According to these values we had constructed the graphs from which we determined the lethal concentration of Antral by the antilogarithm of the concentration in probit with the meaning of 5 for each period of the experiment.
Results. Conditions for the determination of Antral acute toxicity in the alternative test systems were satisfied, and mortality in Daphnia magna Straus to 10% in the control and less than 50% by the exposure of different concentrations of the preparation indicates it. Dependence of the death in Daphnia magna Straus from studied Antral concentrations was determined. Coefficient of correlation among these indicators for 24 h made up 0.88; for 48 h - 0.98; for 72 h - 0.91 and for 96 h - 0.90 (p<0.05 in all cases). Average lethal Antral concentrations (mg/l) for the biotests of different duration: for 48 h - 3.7; for 2 h - 7.1; for 96 h - 2.5 were calculated according to the graphs of probit values.
Average meaning of LC 50 for Antral makes up 4.4 mg/l, standard deviation ľ 2.4 mg/l. Antral concentration of 2.0 mg/l (Grade 2 of toxicity) was proved to be a weakly toxic one.
Óntral, toxicity, Daphnia magna Straus.
1. Frolov V.M., Grigorieva H.S. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys. 2003 ; ╣ 2 (34) : 65ľ68 (in Russian).
2. Kolesnikova E.V. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys. 2014 ; ╣ 3 (101) : 61ľ66 (in Russian).
3. Babak O.Ya., Fadeenko G.D., Kolesnikova E.V. Zdorovia Ukrainy (Hastroenteroloh│ia. Hepatoloh│ia. Koloproktoloh│ia). 2010 ; 1 : 26ľ27 (in Russian).
4. Tatarenko O. Zdoroviia Ukrainy (Hastroenterolohiia. Hepatolohiia. Koloproktolohiya). 2010 ; 3 : 50ľ51 (in Ukrainian).
5. Urbanovich A.M. Nealkoholnyi steatohepatyt u pats│ent│v z tsukrovym d│abetom 2-go typu: suchasnyi pohliad na problemu [Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis in the Patients with Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes : A Modern Approach to a Problem]. (in Ukrainian). Available at : http://medstrana.com/articles/140
6. Borysov S.O., Kostiev F.I. Efektyvnist preparatu Antral v kompleksnomu likuvanni obstruktyvnoi nefropatii ta infektsii sechovykh shliakhiv [Efficiency of the Antral Preparation in a Complex Treatment of the Obstructive Nephropathy and Infections of Urinary Tract]. In : Sepsys, problemy diahnostyky, terapii ta profilaktyky: nauk.-prakt. konf. z mizhnarodnoiu uchastiu: mater. konf. [Sepsis, Problems in Diagnostics, Therapy, and Prophylaxis : Sci.-Pract. Conf.: Conf. Mater.]. Kharkiv ; 2006 : 51ľ52 (in Ukrainian).
7. Braginskii L.P. Gidrobiologicheskii zhurnal. 2000 ; 36 (5.1) : 50ľ71 (in Russian).
8. . Konovets I.M., Kipnis L.S. Biotestuvannia toksychnosti poverkhnevykh vod ta donnykh vidkladiv za dopomohoiu hilliastovusykh rakopodibnykh Daphnia magna Straus ta Ceriodaphnia affinis Lillieborg [Biotesting of the Toxicity of Surface Water and Bottom Sediments with the Help of Daphnia Magna Straus and Ceriodaphnia Affinis Lilljeborg]. In : Metody hidroekolohichnykh doslidzhen poverkhnevykh vod [Methods for Hydroecological Research of the Surface Water]. Kyiv : Logos ; 2006 : 361ľ385 (in Ukrainian).
9. Romanenko V.D. (ed.) Metody hidroekolohichnykh doslidzhen poverkhnevykh vod [Methods for Hydroecological Research of the Surface Water ]. Kyiv : Logos ; 2006 : 340ľ364 (in Ukrainian).
10. U.S. EPA. Short-term Methods for Estimation the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Waters to Freshwater Organisms. 2-nd ed. ľ Report EPA/600/4-89/001/ ľ 1989.