|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (85) - March, 2018 - Pages: 20-25
Satisfaction with the spheres of quality of life of the population of surveillance areas of the nuclear power plant
Prylipko V.A.1, Ozerova Yu.Yu.1
1 State Institution źNational Research Center for Radiation Medicine of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine╗
Objective: study of the state of satisfaction of the population of surveillance areas (SA) of the NPP of certain spheres of quality of life and benefits and subventions for this category of population.
Research methods. A sociological survey of the population of the SA Rivne NPP was conducted. The sample population was 232 people, the sampling error did not exceed 7.0%. The components of quality of life were studied: security and social protection, health, environment, welfare, employment, and more. Methods used: sociological, statistical and mathematical. Comparison of population groups: urban and rural, by sex and age.
Results. Estimates of the overwhelming majority spheres of quality of life of the urban and rural population of the NPP vary from a "rather negative" to an "average" level and have a statistically significant difference in favor of the townspeople. A negative rating among the areas of quality of life takes up democratic governance, safety, health and welfare. The assessment of the security sphere varies depending on the age of the respondent (r=0,202 ≤ 0,01). Below average limit - assessment of the health sphere. The revealed correlations between environmental assessment and level of education (r=0,263 ≤ 0,01). The priority of choosing benefits and direct subventions depends on the place of residence. The social activity of the population in relation to the NPP work is estimated by the average score.
Conclusion. The democratic system has no positive development, which increases the probability of social protests. Existing normative documents regulating the life safety of the population of the NPP are not fully implemented, the population is not confident in its security and protection. The probability of improving health, through optimization of medical care, was estimated by the population mediocre, without hope for positive changes in the health care system. Population SA NPP relates not use subsidies as priority actions for emergencies at nuclear power plants. The existing system of granting privileges and subventions in the SA NPP does not fulfill most tasks and requires revision taking into account the experience of world analogues.
NPP monitoring zone, public opinion, quality of life, privileges and subventions
3. Kovacs P. and Cordelier S. L'énergie nucleaire et l'opinion publique. AEN Infos2009 ; ╣ 27(1) : 4-7.
5. Vorona V.M. and Suimenko E.I. (eds.) Kachestvo zhizni naseleniya Ukrainy v zerkale sotsiologii [Quality of Life of the Population of Ukraine in the Mirror of Sociology]. ╩iev ; 2012 : 211 p. (in Russian).
6. Petrushyna Ď. Yakist zhyttia ľ holovnyi kryterii stanu suspilstva [Quality of Life Is a Main Criterion of the State of Society]. Sotsiolohiia: teoriia, metody, marketynh. 2013 ; 2 : 117ľ141 (in Ukrainian).
7. Poriadok ta umovy nadannia subventsii z derzhavnoho biudzhetu mistsevym biudzhetam na finansuvannia zahodiv sotsialno-ekonomichnoi kompensatsii ryzyku naselennia, yake prozhyvaie na terytorii zony sposterezhennia : Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 15 lutoho 2012 r. ╣ 91 zi zminamy [Order and Conditions of the Subvention Allocation from the State Budget to the Local Budgets for the Financing of the Measures of Social-and-Economical Compensation of the Risk for the Population Living at the Territory of Surveillance Zone : Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine ╣ 91, February 15, 2012]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/91-2012-%D0%BF
8. Prylypko V. A., Ozerova Yu. Yu., Morozova ╠. ╠. and Shevchenko ┼. ╩. Sozialni umovy zhyttia naselennia zony sposterezhennia Rivnenskoi atomnoi stantsii [Social Conditions of Life of the Population in the Surveillance Zone of Rivne NPP]. In : Problemy radiatsiinoi medytsyny ta radiobiolohii [Problems of Radiation Medicine and Radiobiology : Collection of Scientific Works]. ╩yiv ; 2014 ; 19 : 136 ľ 146 (in Ukrainian).