|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (78) - 2016 - Pages: 24-30
Hygienic assessment of the risk of groundwater contamination with fungicides based on dimoxystrobin
KORSHUN M.M.1, RUDA T.V.1, KORSHUN O.M.1, DEMA O.V.1
1 A.A. Bohomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
ÓÄŹ: 614.7 : 628.1.036 :
Objective. We assessed a risk of groundwater contamination with dimoxystrobin based on mathematical modeling and experimental study of its vertical migration in the "soil – groundwater" system and a scientific substantiation of the threshold concentration in soil by water–migration index of the risk for the further development of maximum allowable concentration (MAC) in soil.
Materials and ģethods. A forecast of the risk of groundwater contamination with dimoxystrobin was conducted on the basis of the determination of the integral risk vector, proceeding from the index of leaching potential, period of substance half-destruction due to a hydrolysis and a zone of biological action.
During the mathematical modeling of dimoxystrobin migration from soil into groundwater we used the regression equations, describing a dependence of the hygienic standards in soil from the MAC in water reservoirs. Experimental study of dimoxystrobin vertical migration was performed on 6 filtration columns, designed by Acad. E.I Honcharuk, with a use of the model soil reference ¹ 1 and leached black earth. Initial concentrations of dimoxystrobin in the upper (0.2 m) layer of soil made up 0.05; 0.1; 0.5 and 1.0 mg/kg. During the first 30 days sample selection of filtrate was performed daily, then – every 5 days. Dimoxystrobin in the filtrate was determined by the method of high-performance liquid chromatography with a limit of quantitative determination of 0.001 mg/dm3.
Results. Dimoxystrobin has a low or medium mobility by the rate of organic carbon adsorption coefficient but a high ability to migration from soil into groundwater by the index of the potential elution. The tentative allowable concentration (TAC) of dimoxystrobin in the soil, calculated by the regression equations, made up 0.04 mg / kg, it was half as many as the TAC approved in Ukraine. Integral vector of the risk for the health of the population due to the groundwater contamination with dimoxystrobin complies with a high level (138,6 points). Dimoxystrobin was established experimentally to be extremely mobile in the “soil–groundwater” system. Migration levels of dimoxystrobin from soil to filtrate depend on the type of the surface arable layer and the initial concentrations of the substance. The threshold dimoxystrobin concentration in soil by water–migration risk coefficient was determined on the level of 0.05 mg/kg, which corresponded to 1.5 maximum rates of application. Therefore, a use of the preparations, based on dimoxystrobin in a maximum recommended rate of application, will not cause a contamination of groundwater under the real soil-and-climatic conditions of Ukraine.
fungicides, dimoxystrobin, groundwater contamination, threshold concentration, risk assessment
1. Monarkh V.V. Zbalansovane pryrodokorystuvannia. 2014 ; 1 : 206-212 (in Ukrainian).
2. Koval V.V., Natalochka V.O., Tkachenko S.K., Minenko O.V. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. 2011; 1 : 22-26 (in Ukrainian).
3. Semchuk Yu.S., Yashcholt A.R. Visnyk Vinnytskoho politekhnichnoho instytutu. 2013 ; 3 : 17-21 (in Ukrainian).
4. Bartett D.W., Clough G.M., Godfrey C.R.A., Godwin J.R., Hall A.A., Heaney S.P., Maund S.J. Pesticide Outlook. 2001 ; 12 : 143-148. https://doi.org/10.1039/b106300f
6. Dimoksistrobin: osnovnaia informatsiia o pestitside [Dimoxystrobin: Main Information on Pesticide] : PPDB: Pesticide Properties Data Base. (in Russian). Available at : http://rupest.ru/ppdb/dimoxystrobin.html
7. Pestytsydy. Klasyfikatsiia za stupenem nebezpechnosti : DSanPiN 8.8.1.002-98 [Pesticides. Classification by the Degree of Danger : National Sanitary Rules and Norms 8.8.1.002-98]. In : Zbirnyk vazhlyvykh oficiinykh materialiv z sanitarnykh i protyepidemichnykh pytan [Collection of the Important Official Materials on Sanitary and Anti-Epidemic Issues]. Kyiv ; 2000 ; 9 (1) : 249–266 (in Ukrainian).
8. Gorbatov V.S. (ed.) Metody otsenki ekologicheskoi opasnosti pestitsidov pri ikh registratsii (Rukovodstvo po klassifikatsiiam ekologicheskoi opasnosti pestitsidov) [Methods for the Assessment of the Ecological Danger of the Pesticides at their Registration (Guides on the Classification of the Ecological Danger of Pesticides]. Bolshie Viazemy (Russia) ; 2010 : 17 p. (in Russian).
9. Sergeev S.G., Grinko A.P., Lepeshkin I.V., Kolontaeva N.V. Sovremennye problemy toksikologii. 2010 ; 2–3 : 76–79 (in Russian).
10. Goncharuk E.I., Sidorenko G.I. Gigienicheskoe normirovanie khimicheskikh veshchestv v pochve: rukovodstvo [Hygienic Standardization of the Chemical Substances in Soil : Manual]. Moscow : Meditsina ; 1986 : 320 p. (in Russian).
11. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po gigienicheskomu obosnovaniiu PDK khimicheskikh veshchestv v pochve [Methodical Recommendations on the Hygienic Substantiation of the MAC of Chemical Substances in Soil] : MR ¹ 2609–82. Moscow ; 1982 : 57 p. (in Russian).
12. Metodicheskie ukazaniia po gigienicheskoi otsenke novykh pestitsidov [Methodical Instructions on the Hygienic Assessment of the New Pesticides] : MU ¹ 4263-87. Kiev ; 1988 : 210 p. (in Russian).
13. Metodyka rozrakhunkovoho hihiienichnoho normuvannia pestytsydiv u hrunti [Methodology for the Calculation Hygienic Standardization of the Pesticides in Soil ]. Kyiv ; 2005 ; 2 p. [Information Letter ¹ 131-2005 on the Innovations in the System of Public Health / Ukrmedpatentinform].
14. Molozhanova E.G., Petrashenko L.P., Yurchenko T.V., Kolontaeva N.V. Perspektivy razvitiia gigienicheskogo normirovaniia khimicheskikh antropogennykh soedinenii v pochve [Prospects in the Development of the Hygienic Standardization of the Chemical Anthropogenic Compounds in Soil]. In : Gigiena naselennykh mest [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kiev ; 2001 ; 38(P.1) : 247–249 (in Russian).
15. Metodychni vkazivky z vyznachennia dimoksystrobinu u vodi metodom vysokoefektyvnoi ridynnoi khromatohrafii : MU ¹ 839-2008 [Methodical Instructions for the Determination of Dimoxystrobin in Water by the Method of High-Efficient Liquid Chromatography : MU ¹ 839-2008 ]. In : Metodychni vkazivky z vyznachennia mikrokilkostei pestytsydiv v kharchovykh produktakh, kormakh ta navkolyshnomu seredovyshchi [Methodical Instructions for the Determination of Microquantities of the Pesticides in Food Products, Forage and Environment]. Kyiv ; 2011; 74 : 84–97 (in Ukrainian).
16. Nazemtseva Ya.O., Laznenko D.O. Vostochno-evropeiskii zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologii. 2013 ; 4/10 (64) : 12-15 (in Russian).