|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (78) - 2016 - Pages: 54-58
Preventive orientation of the systems of pre-school education in foreign countries
YELIZAROVA O.T.1, FILONENKO O.O.1, HOZAK S.V.1
1 STATE INSTITUTION “O.M. MARZIEIEV INSTITUTE FOR PUBLIC HEALTH” NAMSU
Objective. We performed the analytical review of pre-school education features in foreign countries, taking into account the health monitoring of the pupils, participation of state and community in the process of control and improvement.
Materials and methods. We studied the features of the pre-school education taking into account the experience of the economically developed countries of the world which are the members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. The countries with a clear program for health protection and standards of children’s safety were chosen to be analyzed according to the data of the Economist Intelligence Unit Group (2012).
Conclusions. Analysis of foreign experience of the organization of pre-school education demonstrates the following positive trends:
- desire to achieve a full compliance with the hygiene requirements regarding a proper level of motor activity, nutrition, vital functions’ conditions and teaching at all levels of pre-school education for all social categories of the population;
- constant improvement of the skills of the employees and improvement of labor conditions of the employees at pre-school institutions;
- collaboration with the parents, rise of their pedagogical and hygienic competence concerning a healthy lifestyle;
- regular monitoring of the features of physical activity, nutrition of the children, as well as the conditions of their vital functions;
- improvement of state policy in the field of pre-school education and training by means of the coordination of the activity of all ministries and departments.
children of pre-school age, system of education, prophylaxis of diseases.
1. Hozak S.V., Yelizarova O.T., Stankevych T.V. Hihiienichna otsinka orhanizatsii fizychnoho vykhovannia ditei starshoho doshkilnoho viku [Hygienic Assessment of the Organization of Physical Education of the Senior Pre-School Age Children]. In : Osvita i zdorovia : mater. konf. [Education and Health: Mater. Conf.]. Sumy ; 2012 : 114-121 (in Ukrainian).
2. Hozak S.V., Yelyzarova O.T., Kyselevska V.P., Stankevych T.V., Makarova O.V. Psykholohichna adaptatsiia ditei starshoho doshkilnoho viku ta ii zviazok z faktoramy navchannia v zakladakh osvity [Psychological Adaptation of the Senior Pre-School Age Children and its Connection with the Factors of the Education at the Educational Institutions]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2012 ; 59 : 279-285 (in Ukrainian).
3. Polka N.S., Kalynychenko I.O., Hozak S.V., Stankevych T.V., Parats A.M., Yelizarova O.T., DiachenkoYu.L. et al. Systema profilaktychno-ozdorovchykh zakhodiv z pidhotovky ditei starshoho doshkilnoho viku do navchannia u zahalnoosvitnikh navchalnykh zakladakh: metodychni rekomendatsii [System of the Prophylactic-Sanitary Measurements for the Preparation of the Senior Pre-School Age Children for the Education at Secondary Educational Institutions : Methodical Recommendations]. Kyiv ; 2013 : 50 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Watson J. Starting Well : Benchmarking Early Education Across the World : A Report from the Economist Intelligence Unit. - London, New York, Hong Kong, Geneva : EIU ; 2012 : 40 p.
17. Pascal C., Bertram T., Delaney S., Nelson C. Comparison of International Childcare Systems (Research Report July 2013). London : Centre for Research in Early Childhood (CREC) ; 2013 : 36 p.
20. Quality Toolbox for Early Childhood Education and Care. International Policy Event on Monitoring Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care. Dublin ; 2011 : 372 p.