|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (80) - 2016 - Pages: 69-74
The management of the professional risk by the "protection time" for the workers of the mining and metallurgical industry of Ukraine
1 Ukrainian Occupational Medicine Scientific Research Institute, Kryvyi Rih
ÓÄÊ: 613.62+658.331] 622+669
Objective. În the basis of the hygienic assessment of working conditions we calculated the safe working periods for the workers in the mining and metallurgical industry.
Materials and methods. We used hygienic, epidemiological and mathematical-statistical methods.
Calculation of "safe" time of work was carried out according to the approved method with the calculation of the "dose-effect" dependence. For the factors that do not have a clear "dose-effect" connection the assessment was conducted by the time of the reduction in life expectancy (the health damage (ZZ)) in the form of the reduction of life expectancy by the number of days in a year depending on the degree of hazard by the overall assessment of working conditions.
Results. An occupational risk for the health of workers and the mining and metallurgical industry is stipulated by the complex effect of harmful occupational factors that exceed the maximum permissible standards from 40.4% by the noise level to 14% by the indices of vibration in the workplace and belong to the 3rd class of 2d and 3d degrees of hazard. "Safe" dates of employment in underground mining of iron ore range from 1.25–5 years at work in dusty conditions to 1.5 months under noise effect. Hidden health damage amounts to 50.0 days per year due to the severity and the intensity of work under underground conditions. "Safe" periods of work in open pit mining of iron ore make up from 12.6 years to 5 days under noise effect and 2.5–1.25 years under the dust one. The largest hidden health damage from hazardous working conditions varies from 8.75 to 50.0 days per year. For the main technological processes of metallurgical production. "Safe" periods of work under conditions of dust range from 1.25 to 5 years, 40-1.3 years under conditions of noise, from 17 to 3.4 years under heating microclimate, depending on parameters and degree of microclimate harmfulness. Performed investigations present a necessity to develop sanitary-hygienic and preventive measures at the workplaces for the improvement of working conditions and a decrease of the levels of harmful occupational factors. The implementation of the new system of the professional risk management may be an effective measure for a decrease of the level of the occupational diseases, the "protection time" or "safe" term of work under harmful conditions by means of the limitation of the time of exposure to harmful occupational factors is one of the components of this system.
occupational risk, "protection by time", "safe" dates of employment, mining and metallurgical complex
1. Kundiev Yu.I., Cherniuk V.I., Witte P.N. Zhurnal Akademii medychnykh naukUkrainy. 2001; 7(3) : 550–559 (in Russian).
2. Wertelenko M.V. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem meditsyny pratsi. 2007; 2(10) : 72–77 (in Ukrainian).
3. Izmerov N.F., Denisova E.S. (eds.) Professionalnyi risk dlia zdorovia rabotnikov : rukovodstvo [Professional Risk for the Health of the Workers: Manual]. Moscow : Trovant ; 2003 : 448 p. (in Russian).
4. Kundiev Yu.I., Nagorna A.M., Cherniuk V.I. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem meditsyny pratsi. 2007; 4 (12) : 10–17 (in Ukrainian).
5. Chernyuk V.I., Vitte P.M. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem meditsyny pratsi. 2005; 1 : 47–53 (in Ukrainian).
6. Meltzer V.A., Kiselev A.V. Occupational Medicine and Industrial Ecology. 2009; 4 : 1–5 (in Russian).
7. Izmerov N.F. Gigiiena i sanitaria. 2006; 5 : 14–16 (in Russian).
8. Kuzin S.V., Gurvich V.B., Klimin V.G. Occupational Medicine and Industrial Ecology. 2010; 2 : 1–4 (in Russian).
9. Onishchenko G.G.Gigiiena i sanitaria. 2002; 6 : 3–7 (in Russian).
10. Fedina I.N., Zhurikhina I.A., Gavrilov A. Gigiiena i sanitaria. 2010; 1 : 67–68 (in Russian).
11. Izmerov N.F., Denisov E.I., Molodkina N.N., Rodionova G.K. Occupational Medicine and Industrial Ecology. 2001; 12 : 1–7 (in Russian).
12. Izmerov N.F., Denisov E.I. Professionalnyi risk : spravochnik [Professional Risk : Reference Book ]. Moscow : Sotsizdat; 2001 : 656 p. (in Russian).
13. Baranovski³ I.G., Izmailova O.V., Subbotin V.V., Tkachev V.V. Occupational Medicine and Industria lEcology. 2003; 9 : 1–8 (in Russian).