|Довкілля та здоров'я||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
Номер: 1 (90) - Березень, 2019 - Сторінки: 51-55
Integral indicators as tools for air quality assessment
O. Turos1, T. Maremukha1, A. Petrosian1, L. Mykhina1, V. Morhulova1
1 State Institution «O. M. Marzieiev Institute for Public Health, NAMSU»
The objective of this work was to analyze the integral indicators of the air quality assessment and approaches to the definition of the AQI for example PM10, PM2.5.
Materials and methods. The levels of the Air Quality Index are determined based on 24-hour concentrations of PM10 and PM2.5, using methods recommended by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the European Environment Agency of the European Union. The study used concentrations PM10 and PM2.5, which were received during 10.2017 - 11.2018 at the fixed monitoring station, located at the address: 50, Popudrenko str., Kyiv.
Results. There is no unified integrated indicator for air quality assessment, but in most countries the use of the Air Quality Index is a priority. AQI is a tool for informing the public about the quality of atmospheric air and the associated risks to the health of the population. The AQI levels for a specific pollutant, including PM10 and PM2.5, may vary significantly depending on the indexing approach used. This is due to the variability in the pollutants' concentration ranges that correspond to a respective category of the index.
air, integral indicator, AQI, РМ10, РМ2.5.
1. Health risks of air pollution in Europe – HRAPIE : technical report. Copenhagen : WHO Regional Office for Europe, 2014. 65 p.
3. Fensterstock J.C., Goodman K., Duggan G.M. et al. The Development and Utilization of an Air Quality Index. 62nd Annual Meeting of the Air Pollution Control Association. 1969. Paper No. 69-73.
4. US EPA.Technical Assistance Document for the Reporting of Daily Air Quality – the Air Quality Index (AQI). 2012. 26 p.
8. Directive 2008/50/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May2008 on Ambient Air Quality and Cleaner Air for Europe. Official Journal of the European Union. 2008. Vol. 51. L 152.Р. 1–44.
9. CITE AIR II. CAQI Air Quality Index. Comparing Urban Air Quality Across Borders – 2012 / European Regional Development Fund. 2012. 38 р.
10. Services to Develop an EU Air Quality Index. EU AQI Final Report / Ricardo Energy and Environment. United Kingdom, 2016. 25 p.
12. Турос О.І., Маремуха Т.П., Петросян А.А., Брезіцька Н.В. Дослідження забруднення атмосферного повітря зваженими частками пилу [РМ10 та РМ2,5] у м. Києві. Довкілля та здоров'я. 2018. № 4. С. 36-39.