|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 55-59
Determination of the professional risk level of the occurance of dust etiology diseases in miners
Cheberiachko S.˛.1, Yavorska Î.Î.1, Cheberiachko Yu.˛.1
1 SIHE “National University of Mines”, Dnipro
ÓÄĘ: 665.66 : 614.89
Background. Professional risk management. An assessment of their impact on the occupational diseases and search of the ways for reduction of the occupational diseases of a dust etiology in the employees of mining enterprises.
Objective. We determined a professional risk level of the occurrence of dust etiology respiratory diseases in miners while using respirators.
Materials and methods: For the calculation of risk level we used a technique offered by prof. Novikov S.M. On its basis we obtained the results confirming that dust effect built up with a significant MAC excess and an increase of time of the workers’ stay in the area of dust factor effect.
Results. The anti-dust respirators were established to reduce a risk degree not more than by 50% that didn’t allow a sufficient level of the protection of miners. With this provision, an excess of dust concentration in under-mask space in the AA respirator at dust content of 150 mg/m3 in mine working reaches about 40% that is dangerous for the health of miners.
Conclusions. A risk of the occurrence of dust etiology diseases can be decreased owing to properly fitted qualitative anti-dust respirators but not to the safe level. It needs not only to improve a respirator design but also to provide motivation for their use by the miners.
1. Levishko K.V., Kvitkovskyi Yu.V. Metodyka rozrakhunku rivniv vyrobnychykh ryzykiv na prykladi profesii «hirnyk ochysnoho zaboiu» [Methodology for the Calculation of the Occupational Risk Levels by Way of Example of the Profession “Stope Miner”]. In : Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kharkivskoho universytetu povitrianykh syl [Collection of the Scientific Works of the Kharkiv University of Air Forces]. Kharkiv. 2015 ; 2 (43) : 123-128 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kaminskii S.L. Osnovy ratsionalnoi zashchity organov dykhaniia na proizvodstve : uchebnoe posobie [Bases for the Rational Protection of the Respiratory Organs in the Production : Manual ]. Sankt-Peterburg : Prospekt Nauki ; 2007 : 208 p. (in Russian).
3. Onishchenko G.G., Novikov S.M., Rakhmanin Yu.A. Osnovy otsenki riska dlia zdorovia naseleniia pri vozdeistvii khimicheskikh veshchestv, zagriazniaiushchikh okruzhaiushchuiu sredu [Risk Assessment Backgrounds for the Health of the Population in the Exposure of Chemical Substances Contaminating the Environment]. Moscow ; 2002 : 408 p. (in Russian).
5. Golinko V.I., Cheberiachko S.Y., Kolesnik V.E., Ishchenko A.S. Naukovyi visnyk. 2004 ; 12 : 33-36 (in Russian).
7. Holinko V.I., Kolesnyk V.Ye., Cheberiachko S.I. Doslidzhennia zakhysnoi efektyvnosti protypylovykh respiratoriv pry naiavnosti dodatkovykh vytokiv [Study of the Efficiency of Anti-Dust Respirators at the Presence of the Additional Emissions]. In : Stroitelstvo, materialovedenie, mashynostroenie. Seriia Bezopasnost zhyznedeiatelnosti [Building, Material Sciences, Machine Building. A Series of “Vital Functions”]. Dnepropetrovsk ; 2015 ; 83 : 87-95 (in Ukrainian).
9. Potapenko I.A. Gidrodinamicheskoe soprotivlenie filtruiushchego elementa protivopylevogo respiratora [Hydrodynamic Resistance of Filter Element of Anti-Dust Respirator]. In : Gornospasatelnoe delo : sbornik [Mountain-Rescue Business]. Donetsk ; 2010 ; 47 : 133-141 (in Russian).
10. Medvedev E.N., Kashuba O.I., Krivokhizha B.M., Krutenko S.A. Pylevaia obstanovka i zabolevaemost pnevmokoniozom na shakhtakhUkrainy [Dust Situation and Pneumoconiosis Morbidity in the Mines of Ukraine]. Makeevka (Donbass) ; 2005 : 205 p. (in Russian).
11. Kirillov V.F., Bunchev A.A., Chirkin A.V. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaia ekologiia. 2013 ; 4 : 25–31 (in Russian).
12. Gavrishchuk V.I., Tiurikov B.M. Zashchita organov dykhaniia pri rabote s mineralnymi udobreniiami [Protection of Respiratory Organs in the Work with Mineral Fertilizers]. In : Puti uskoreniia normalizatsii uslovii truda rabotnikov selskogo khoziaistva : sbornik [Ways for the Acceleration of the Normalization of the Labour Conditions of the Agricultural Workers]. Orel (Russia) ; 1988 : 116–121 (in Russian).