|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 10-14
The hepatoprotective role of the Zakarpattia herbal preparations in experimental atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus type 2
1 M.I. Pyrogov National Medical University, Vinnytsia
ÓÄÊ: 616.36 – 007: 616.379 – 008 – 64: 616.13 – 004.6 - 084
Background. Today atherosclerosis and type 2 diabetes mellitus are the most socially significant diseases. The situation is aggravated by chronic stress experienced by the Ukrainian people. There is a liver among target organs which are affected primarily.
Objective. We studied the structural reconstruction of the liver tissue during the experimental atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus and at its prophylaxis with herbal preparations.
Materials and methods. The study was performed on 50 male rats. We used the classical model of atherosclerosis by N. Anichkov and dexamethasone suppression model of diabetes mellitus. We
used a decoction of the Zakarpattia medicinal plants (by our recipe) as a prophylactic agent.
Results. Experimental model of atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus showed that degenerative changes had been developed in the liver. These changes are the most pronounced in the group with the concurrent simulation of pathologies. Prophylactic administration of traditional medicinal plants of Zakarpattia had pronounced hepatoprotective effect.
Conclusions. Experimental atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus lead to the degenerative changes in the liver parenchyma and stroma. Prophylactic administration of decoction of medicinal plants of Zakarpattia has hepatoprotective effect confirmed by the morphological studies.
atherosclerosis, type 2 diabetes mellitus, liver, phytoprophylaxis.
1. Yevropeyskyi samit pohodzhuietsia, shcho yedynoiu vidpoviddiu na sertsevo-sudynni zakhvoriuvannia maiut buty zminy u sposobi zhyttia [The European Summit Agrees that the Changes in the Way of Life Must be the Only Answer to the Cardio-Vascular Diseases]. LikyUkrainy. 2010; 10 : 39–40 (in Ukrainian).
2. Rudyk Yu.S. L³ky Ukrainy. 2014; 10 : 54–56 (in Russian).
3. Solomenchuk T.M., Bilavka I.V., Vosukh O.V. Liky Ukrainy. 2010; 10 : 48–53 (in Ukrainian).
4. Zhuravliova L.V., ShekhovtsovaYu.O. Liky Ukrainy. 2014; 9 : 11–14 (in Ukrainian).
5. Marusyn O.V. Halytskyi likarskyi visnyk. 2012; 19(2) : 60-62 (in Ukrainian).
6. Bazylevych A.Ya., Barna O.M. Liky Ukrainy. 2014 ; 9 : 45–50 (in Ukrainian).
7. PrikhodkoV.Yu., Kononenko E.A., Moreva D.Yu., Kashkovskii D.O., Voloshchuk T.R. L³ky Ukrany. 2014; 9 : 15–21 (in Russian).
8. SohuikoYu.R.Ukrainskyi morfolohichnyi almanakh. 2014 ; 10(2) : 137–140 (in Ukrainian).
9. Doklinichni doslidzhennia likarskykh zasobiv : metodychni rekomendatsii [Preclinical Studies : Methodical Recommendations]. Kyiv : Avitsenna; 2001 : 528 p. (in Ukrainian).
10. Mesova A.M., Isakhanova B.A., Espenbetova M.Zh., Zhetpisbaev B.A. Pat. ¹ (19) KZ (13)AU(11) MPK A61K 31/573 Sposob vosproizvedeniia sakharnogo diabeta 2 tipa u molodykh krys [Method for the Replication of the II Type Diabetes Mellitus in Young Rats]. ¹ 22018; opubl. 15.02.2009 ; Biul. ¹ 12 (in Russian).