|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (96) - September, 2020 - Pages: 4-9
Strategic directions of the development of public health caresystem of Ukraine
Hushchuk I.V.1, Anchyshkin A.I.2, Voloshchuk O.V.3
1 Human Ecology and Public HealthResearch Center, National University of Ostroh Academy, (UMEA) (Ostroh)
2 Ukrainian Medical Expert Association (UMEA) (Dnipro)
3 State Institution "O.M. Marzłeiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
Objective: We substantiated the strategic directions of the development of public health care system of Ukraine on the basis of its main routine functions.
Material and methods: We used the data of our previous studies and conducted a retrospective analysis of the scientific literature data on current issues of public health care.
Results: A scheme of the comparative characteristic of the subsystems of the national health system: medical care and public health protection was developed on the basis of the analysis and generalization of the results of our own research, scientific literature data. The main functions of each subsystem were determined, that are of theoretical and practical importance for the further development of conception, strategy and program for them.
The main directions of the Public Health Strategy of Ukraine have been prepared and the strategic directions for the development of the domestic public health system of Ukraine (PHS) based on its certain main functions have been developed. The national principle “Health Protection in all Policies of the State” was indicated to be the key step for the effective development of domestic PHS. This principle cannot be implemented without political commitment of senior government officials to the problems of care of public health.
The own definition of “Public Health System” and “Health Protection in All State Policies” is presented.
care of public health, public health care system, functions, directions of system development strategy
3. Pro Rekomendatsii parlamentskykh slukhan «Pro reformu okhorony zdorovia v Ukraini» : Postanova Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy vid 21.04.16. ą1338-VIII [On the Recommendations of the Parliamentary Hearing "On Health Care Reform in Ukraine": Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, April 21, 2016. No 338-VIII ]. URL : (in Ukrainian). http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1338-19
4. Hushchuk I., Tymeichuk I. and Hushchuk V. Reform of the Public Health Care System in Ukraine: Problems and Perspectives. Association Agreement: from Partnership to Cooperation (collective monograph). Hamilton, Ontario; 2018 : 206-210. URL : https://eprints.oa.edu.ua/6787/
5. Braveman P. and Gottlieb L. The Social Determinants of Health: It’s Time to Consider the Causes of the Causes. Public Health Reports. 2014 ; 129 (1_Suppl. 2) : 19–31. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1177/00333549141291S206
8. Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii rozvytku systemy hromadskoho zdorovia : Rozporiadzhennia KMU vid 30.11.16r. ą1002-r. [On the Approval of the Conception of the Development of Public Health System: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers, 30.11.16 No 1002-r]. (in Ukrainian). URL : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1002-2016-%D1%80#Text
9. Hushchuk I.V. Rozbudova systemy zakhystu hromadskoho zdorovia v konteksti Doktryny "Ukraina 2030" [Development of the Public Health Protection System in the Context of the Ukraine 2030 Doctrine]. In : Ukraina 2030: Konsolidatsiia myslennia - konsolidatsiia dii[Ukraine 2030: Consolidation of Thinking - Consolidation of Actions]. Kyiv ; 2018 : 40-43. URL : (in Ukrainian). https://eprints.oa.edu.ua/7106/