|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (101) - December, 2021 - Pages: 27-33
Features of the immune response of the organism of the experementel animals to the exposure of the detergents based on anionic surfactans designed for the care of childrenís tableware
Holichenkov O.M.1, Hryhorenko L.Yu.1, Stepanchuk S.V.1, Domaratska Yu.S.1, Liashenko V.I.1, Maistrenko Z.Yu.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz≥eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU", Kyiv
Objective: We assessed the impact of the detergents, based on anionic surfactants, for the care of the childrenís tableware on the indicators of the immune system of the experimental animals.
Materials and methods: The effect of aqueous solutions of Alionka, Karapuz, Ushastyi Nian, Frosch Baby detergents on the indicators of the immune system was performed in the experiment with guinea pigs during 21 days. We determined the number of T- and B-lymphocytes, the number of neutrophilic granulocytes and active phagocytes; studied the reaction of the precipitation of circulating immune complexes with a solution of polyethylene glycol 6000. We used the methods of statistical processing of the results of medico-biological research.
Results: The obtained results showed that the epicutaneous impact of all studied detergents for the care of childrenís tableware could cause the immunomodulatory effects in the organism of guinea pigs. Changes in the largest number of the indicators of the immune system, which affected all links, were observed when exposed to Ushastyi Nian detergent. The least pronounced changes of the immunity were observed when exposed to the Frosch Baby detergent and they concerned only the indices of nonspecific resistance of the organism. The revealed inhibition of the functional activity of neutrophilic granulocytes, which was observed in animals of all experimental groups, may indicate a decrease in the protective functions of the organism of guinea pigs.
detergents for care of childrenís tableware, anionic surfactants, indicators of immune system, experimental animals
1. Herasymova V.H., Dyshinievych N.Ye. and Holovashchenko H.V. Suchasni osoblyvosti rehlamentatsii bezpechnoho zastosuvannia syntetychnykh myinykh zasobiv u krainakh Yevrosoiuzu, Mytnoho soiuzu ta v Ukraini [Modern Features of Regulation of Safe Use of Synthetic Detergents in the Countries of the European Union, the Customs Union and in Ukraine]. Suchasni problemy toksykolohii, kharchovoi ta khimichnoi bezpeky. 2013 ; 3 : 5-11 (in Ukrainian).
2. Prodanchuk M.H., Mudryi I.V. and Kalashnikov A.A. Poverkhnevo-aktyvni rechovyny: toksykoloho-hihiienichni ta mikrobiolohichni aspekty [Surfactants: Toxicological-and-Hygienic and Microbiological Aspects]. Kyiv : Medytsyna ; 2006 : 223 p. (in Ukrainian).
3. Zhminko P.G. Immunnaya sistema kak mishen toksicheskogo vozdeystviya khimicheskikh veshchestv [The Immune System as a Target of the Toxic Exposure to Chemicals]. Aktualnye problemy transportnoy meditsiny. 2011 ; 1 (23) : 17-28 (in Russian).
4. Holichenkov O.M., Domaratska Yu.S., Hryhorenko L.Ye. et al. Vyvchennia sensybilizatsiinoi dii myinykh zasobiv, pryznachenykh dlia dohliadu za posudom ta inshymy vyrobamy dlia ditei [Study of the Sensitizing Effect of the Detergents for the Care of Tableware and Other Products for Children]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment&Health). 2021 ; 1 : 60-65 (in Ukrainian). DOI : https://doi.org/10.32402/dovkil2021.01.060
6. Prodanchuk M.H., Zhminko P.H., Zinchenko D.V. et al. Doslidzhennia imunotoksychnoi dii potentsiino nebezpechnykh khimichnykh rechovyn pry yikh hihiienichnii rehlamentatsii: metodychni rekomendatsii [Research of Immunotoxic Effect of Potentially Dangerous Chemicals at Their Hygienic Regulation: Methodical Recommendations]. In : Zbirnyk normatyvnykh dokumentiv z okhorony zdorovia [Collection of Health Care Regulations]. Kyiv ; 2003 ; 8 (31) : 149-168 (in Ukrainian).
7. Otsenka vliyaniya faktorov okruzhayushchey sredy na immunologicheskuyu reaktivnost organizma: metod. rekomendatsii [Assessment of the Impact of the Environmental Factors on the Immunological Reactivity of the Organism: Method. Recommendations]. Kyiv ; 1988 : 23 p. (in Russian).
8. Valianskyi Yu.L., Cherniavskyi V.I., Biriukova S.E. et al. Metody imunoanalizu v infektsiinii i klinichnii imunolohii. Navchalnyi posibnyk [Immunoassay Methods in Infectious and Clinical Immunology. Tutorial]. Kharkiv ; 2011 : 112 p. (in Ukrainian).
9. Vinarskaya E.I. Nauchnyye osnovy gigiyenicheskoy otsenki vozdeystviya khimicheskikh i biologicheskikh faktorov sredy pri ikh sovmestnom postuplenii v organizm na osnove immunologicheskogo kriteriya vrednosti : avtoref. diss. Ö doktora med. nauk [Scientific Bases of the Hygienic Assessment of the Impact of Chemical and Biological Environmental Factors at Their Joint Intake Into the Organism on the Basis of the Immunological Criterion of Harmfulness: Authorís. Abs. Dis. Dr. Med. Sciences]. Kiev ; 2000 : 39 p. (in Russian).
10. Antomonov M.Yu. Matematicheskaya obrabotka i analiz mediko-biologicheskikh dannykh. 2-e izd. (dopolnennoye i pererabotannoye) [Mathematical Processing and Analysis of Biomedical Data. 2nd ed. (supplemented and revised)]. Kyiv : Medinform ; 2018 : 579 p. (in Russian).