|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 60-67
Features of work conditions and their impact on health of the workers in light industry
Lototska-Dudyk U.B.1, Krupka N.O.1
1 Danylo Halytskyi National Medical University, Lviv
Objective. We generalized the data on the features of work conditions and occupational traumatism in different branches of light industry and studied their impact on the state of health and the formation of the occupationally stipulated pathology in the workers.
Materials and methods. We used the results of the study of physical and chemical factors at the enterprises of light industry in the Lviv Region, scientific publications, statistical information.
Results. The workers of the majority of professions in light industry are affected a complex of production factors. Elevated levels of noise and vibration, electromagnetic radiation, unfavorable microclimate, forced working pose and increased visual tension at the performance of the technological operations have a dominant hygienic importance. A carcinogenic factor exposure at the working places makes up from 16 (shoe industry) to 33 (textile production).
Diseases of respiratory, cardiovascular, nervous and musculoskeletal systems prevail in the morbidity structure with a temporal loss of capacity. Vertebral pathology, disorders of the function of acoustic analyzer, allergic diseases, including bronchial asthma, oncologic diseases are occupationally caused ones.
A considerable part of the factors of the production environment in light industry demonstrates the properties of reproductive toxicants and negatively affects the fertile potential of the workers, where the women makes up 86.35% (sewing industry) – 62.1% (fur production). The deviations of reproductive health are exhibited by the disorders of menstrual cycle, genital inflammatory diseases, pathology of pregnancy and labor.
A share of occupational morbidity in light industry makes up 0.3-0.4 in the structure of general occupational morbidity. There is a positive tendency to a decline of traumatism in industry (a decrease of 3.8 times for 2012 in comparison with 2008), which, however, remains high among the European countries.
Study of the features of the work conditions in light industry at modern organization of production and estimation of the state of health of the workers in industry are a basis for the establishment of the regularities of the formation of the complex of the professional factors, the cause - consequence relationships between the factors of production environment and the indices of the state of health of the workers and development of the system of prophylactic measures for the improvement of work conditions and preservation of health of the workers.
light industry, work conditions, factors of production environment, occupational traumatism, state of health of the workers.
1. Smirnova E.V. Gigienicheskie osobennosti uslovii truda i ikh vliianie na zdorovie zhenshchin, zaniatykh v sovremennom shveinom proizvodstve : avtoref. dis. kand. med. nauk [Hygienic Features of Work Conditions and Their Impact on Women’s Health in Modern Clothing Industry: Abstract of Med. Cand. Thesis]. Moscow ; 2007 : 20 p. (in Russian).
2. Galkin V.T. Gigienicheskoe obosnovanie optimizatsii pitaniia i zdorovia rabotnits shveinogo proizvodstva : avtoref. dis. kand. med. nauk [Hygienic Substantiation of the Optimization of Nutrition and Health of the Women-Workers in Clothing Industry: Abstract of Med. Cand. Thesis]. Moscow ; 2005 : 20 p. (in Russian).
3. Okhrimenko P.V. Dovkillia i zdorovia. 2009 ; 4 : 54-57 (in Ukrainian).
4. Yavorovsky O.P., Zorina S.M., Moskalenko D.M. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. 2006 ; 4 (8) : 30-34 (in Ukrainian).
5. Shidlovskaia T.A., Mukhina I.V, Kureneva E.Yu., Ishchenko A.D. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem meditsyny prats³. 2006 ; 3 (7) : 51–57. (in Russian).
6. Zavhorodnii I.V. Zakonomirnosti formuvannia kompleksu profesiinykh chynnykiv ta profilaktyka yikh shkidlyvoho vplyvu na zdorovia robitnykiv shkirianoho vyrobnytstva : avtoref. dys. kand. med. nauk [Regularities of the Formation of the Complex of the Professional Factors and Prophylaxis of their Unhealthy Impact on the Health of the Workers in Boot and Shoe Industry : Abstract of Med. Cand. Thesis]. Kyiv ; 2003 : 36 p. (in Ukrainian).
7. Morgacheva V.I., Kondakova L.G., Dzygal N.A., Dogadaeva I.I., Doshchenko V.N., Gorban L.G., Esin G.P. et al. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem meditsyni prats³. 2007 ; 2 (10) : 31-40. (in Russian).
8. Kuzminov B.P., Lototska-Dudyk U.B. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. – 2015. – ¹ 4 (5) – 47-58. (in Ukrainian).
9. Dementev A.L., Liapkalo A.A. Gigiena i sanitariia. 2001 ; 1 : 44-47. (in Russian).
10. Hvozdenko L.A., Nazarenko V.I., Martyrosova V.H., Chebanova O.V., Koval L.M., Melnyk L.V. Hihiienichna otsinka kompleksu faktoriv, diiuchykh na suchasnykh vyrobnytstvakh v lehkii promyslovosti [Hygienic Assessment of the Complex of the Factors at the Modern Productions in Light Industry]. In : Aktualni pytannia hihiieny ta ekolohichnoi bezpeky Ukrainy : nauk.-prakt. konf. [Vital Issues of Hygiene and Ecological Safety in Ukraine : Sci.-Pract. Conf.]. Kyiv ; 2003; 5. (in Ukrainian). Available at : http://www.health.gov.ua/Publ/conf.nsf/165dc8dd0ddbb56dc2256d8f00264254/79f030beefd918d7c2256d96004775bf?OpenDocument
11. Nazarenko V.I., Chebanova O.V., Hvozdenko L.A., Martirosova V.H. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. 2009 ; 1 (17) : 56-64 (in Ukrainian).
13. Perkhov V.I. Issledovanie sostoianiia zabolevaemosti i pervichnoi mediko-sanitarnoi pomoshchi na predpriiatiiakh tekstilnoi promyshlennosti : avtoref. dis. … kand. med. nauk [Study of the State of Morbidity and Primary Health Care at the Enterprises of Textile Industry : Abstract of Med. Cand. Thesis]. Moscow ; 2009 : 21 p. (in Russian).
14. Moskalenko D.M. Profilaktyka nespryiatlyvoi dii shumu i vibratsii na reproduktyvnu funktsiiu zhinok u tkatskomu vyrobnytstvi : avtoref. dys. kand. med. nauk [Prophylaxis of the Hazardous Effect of Noise and Vibration on the Reproductive Functions of the Women in Textile Industry : Abstract of Med. Cand. Thesis]. Kyiv ; 2007 : 21 p. (in Ukrainian).
15. Varyvonchyk D.V. Ukrayinskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. 2013 ; 2(35) : 22–27 (in Ukrainian).
17. Kitsera N.I., Akopian H.R., Polishchuk R.S., Nazarenko V.I. Zdorovie rebenka. 2008 ; 5(14) : 102-107 (in Ukrainian).
18. Kundiiev Yu.I., Nahorna A.M., Sokolova M.P., Kononova I.H. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. 2013 ; 4 (37) : 11-22 (in Ukrainian).
19. Izovit T.L. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu tekhnolohii ta dyzainu. 2012 ; 4 : 116-124. (in Ukrainian).
20. Fedorenko O.O., Martynenko O.V. Tekhnolohii ta dyzain. 2014 : 3(12) : 1-6 (in Ukrainian).