|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (90) - March, 2019 - Pages: 10-16
Indices of lipid panel in patients with essential hypertension, complicated with hemorrhagic stroke, after an early recovery period
1 Bogomolets National Medical University
ÓÄÊ: 616.12-008.331.1-06:616.831-005.1-036.8 : 577.115
Objective: to determine lipid panel indices in patients with essential hypertension (EH), complicated with hemorrhagic stroke (HS), after an early recovery period; to establish a formula for calculating the dose of rosuvastatin for such patients and to assess the safety profile of its treatment in 3 months after the starting date of 1-month treatment period.
Materials and methods. There were formed 2 groups of people: 107 persons (56 women and 51 men, average (M±σ) age – 54,0±9,5 years) were involved in the main group, who have undergone HS as a complication of EH 6 months and more previously; the comparison group comprised 104 persons (54 women and 50 men, middle age 53,7±8,9 years old) with EH. They were matched groups according to key indicators. All the above-mentioned people underwent blood analysis on lipid panel indices.
Results. Lipid panel indices in the main and control group (M±σ) were the following ones, respectively: total cholesterol 5,998±1,326 vs. 6,027±1,103 mmol/l; triglycerides 1,422±0,775 vs. 1,975±1,136 mmol/l; low density lipoprotein 4,196±1,021 vs. 4,301±0,884 mmol/l; very low density lipoprotein 0,619±0,356 vs. 0,719±0,268 mmol/l; high density lipoprotein 1,418±0,301 vs. 1,318±0,252 mmol/l, the difference is significant (p<0,05); the atherogenicity coefficient of 3,438±1,008 vs. 3,616±0,898.
Conclusions. Patients with EH, who have suffered HS more than 6 months before and have recovered up to 50-100 points according to Barthel scale, compared with patients with EH stage II, have similar mean values of lipid panel indices, with the exception of high density lipoprotein index, which is bigger in patients with former cerebrovascular injury. A formula for selecting dosage of rosuvastatin has been developed to obtain the resulting low density lipoprotein level in the range of 2,198-2,500 mmol/l for the treatment after 6 months period from the incidence case of HS. It was determined that in the next 3 months period in case of rosuvastatin treatment of persons with former HS during the one-month period, there are no adverse effects in the form of further complications of HS.
hemorrhagic stroke; essential hypertension; lipid panel; atherosclerosis; statins
1. Gusev E.I., Skvortsova V.I., Cheknev N.S. et al. Lechenie ostrogo mozgovogo insulta (diagnosticheskie i terapevticheskie algoritmy) : uchebno-metodicheskaya l³teratura [Treatment of Acute Cerebral Stroke (Diagnostic and Therapeutic Algorithms) : Teaching- and Methodical Literature]. Moscow; 1997 (in Russian).
2. Litovskiy I.A. and Gordienko A.V. Ateroskleroz i gipertonicheskaya bolezn: voprosy patogeneza, diagnostiki i lechenija [Atherosclerosis and Hypertension: Issues of Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment]. Sankt-Peterburg : SpetsLit ; 2013 : 304 p. (in Russian).
3. Profilaktyka sertsevo-sudynnykh zakhvoriuvan. Adaptovana klinichna nastanova, zasnovana na dokazakh [Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases. Adapted Clinical Instruction Based on the Evidences / State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine ; Association of the Cardiologists of Ukraine]. 2016 : 127 p. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://www.volyncard.in.ua/files/protocols/2016_564_AKN_PSSZ.pdf
4. Tkachyshyn Î.V. Ukrainian Neurosurgical Journal. 2018 ; 2 : 69-78. (in Ukrainian)
5. Unifikovanyi klinichnyi protocol ekstrenoi, pervynnoi, vtorynnoi (spetsializovanoi) medychnoi dopomohy ta medychnoi reabilitatsii “Hemorahichnyi insult (vnutrishnomozkova hematoma, anevryzmalnyi subarakhnoidalnyi krovovylyv)” : nakaz MOZ Ukrainy vid 17.04.2014 ¹ 275 [Unified Clinical Protocol of Urgant, Primary, Secondary (Specialized), Tertiary (Highly Specialized) Medical Aid and Medical Rehabilitation "Hemorrhagic Stroke (Intracerebral Hematoma, Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage)": Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 17 April, 2014, No. 275.]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://mtd.dec.gov.ua/images/dodatki/2014_275_GI/2014_275_YKPMD_GI.pdf
21. Tapia-Perez H., Sanchez-Aguilar M., Torres-Corzo J.G., Rodriguez-Leyva I., Gonzalez-Aguirre D., Gordillo-Moscoso A. and Chalita-Williams C. Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2009 ; 70(1) : 15-20. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0028-1082064
24. Versmissen J., Scheele M., Dippel D.W. and van den Meiracker A.H. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015 ; 159. A8563 (in Dutch).