|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (80) - 2016 - Pages: 57-61
Functional condition of cardiovascular system of medical university admitted students
Kovaliv Ì.Î.1, Plastunov B.À.1
1 Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv
Objective. We studied the functional condition of cardiovascular system and its relationship to gender, age, place of permanent residence, nutritional status, including iodine and vitamin C supply, and lead exposure of the students admitted to the Medical University.
Materials and methods. Commonly accepted hemodynamic parameters at rest and after functional Martin-Kushelevsky test, body mass index, excretion of vitamin C and iodine with urine as indicators of energetic, vitamin and micronutrient components of nutritional status and content of δ-aminolevulinic acid in the urine as a biomarker of lead exposure were investigated in 212 girls and 78 boys 16-18 years of age at the beginning of the academic year.
Results. The functional condition of cardiovascular system of the admitted students was determined to have age and gender differences, increasing with age; it was characterized by a tendency to tachycardia, rarely to prehypertension and hypotension, domination of sympathicotonia, signs of functional weakness of the myocardium on the background of normotonic inotropic response to functional test in the majority of students.
The chronotropic response of the cardiovascular system to load, its poor functional status and tension of adaptation, especially in young men, were established in 24% of boys and 27% of girls. It indicates a lack of their physical training and requires the improvement of the functional status by means of physical education and sport. The chronotropic response and tension of adaptation were registered more often in the young men, residents of large cities, under the worst hemodynamic parameters after functional test than in the rural youths who have a higher level of motor activity. Some parameters of the functional condition of cardiovascular system in admitted students were connected with their nutritional status and lead exposure; it should be taken into account in the correction of the students’ nutrition.
students, cardiovascular system, nutrition, lead
1. Serheta I.V., Aleksandrova O.E., Dunets I.L., Stoian N.V., Panchuk O.Yu. Aktualni problemy universytetskoi hihiieny [Topical Problems of the University’s Hygiene]. In : “Hihiienichna nauka ta praktyka: suchasni realii” : ÕV zizd hihiienistiv Ukrainy [Hygienic Science and Practice: Modern Realities: XV Congress of the Hygienists of Ukraine]. Lviv : Drukarnia LNMU im. Danyla Halytskoho ; 2012 : 211–213 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kozhevnikova N.G. Nauchnye osnovy razrabotki tekhnologii ozdorovleniia studentov meditsinskogo vuza s uchetom profilia obucheniia : avtoref. diss. dokt. med. nauk [Scientific Basics for the Development of the Technologies for the Sanitation of the Students of Medical Higher Institutions Taking into Account the Type of Education : Abstr. Dr. Med. Sci. Thesis]. Moscow ; 2012 : 22 p. (in Russian).
3. Plastunov B.A., M.O. Kovaliv Bukovynskyi medychnyi visnyk. 2015 ; 19 (1) : 237–246 (in Ukrainian).
4. Cheberev N.E. Funktsionalnye proby v kardiologii [Functional Tests in Cardiology]. Gorkiy ; 1988 : 7–8 (in Russian).
5. Derkachov E.A., Ohir L.B., Drozd T.Ye., Berdnyk O.V., Zaikovska V.Yu., Sierykh L.V. et al. Donozolohichna diahnostyka stanu zdorovia naselennia u zviazku z vplyvom faktoriv navkolyshnoho seredovyshcha : metodychni rekomendatsiyi MR 2.2.12.-068-2000 [Prenosological Diagnosis of the Population Health State in Connection with the Environmental Factor Effect : Methodical Recommendations ÌR 2.2.12.-068-2000]. Kyiv ; 2000 : 35 p. (in Ukrainian).
6. Baevskii P.M. Prognozirovanie sostoianii na grani normy i patologii [A Forecast of the States on the Border of Norm and Pathology]. Moscow : Meditzina; 1979 : 298 p. (in Russian).
7. Vankhanen V.D., Lebedeva E.A. Rukovodstvo k prakticheskim zaniatiiam po gigiene pitaniia [Guide to the Practical Studies in Nutrition Hygiene]. Moscow : Meditzina; 1987 : 54–55 (in Russian).
8. Methods for measuring iodine in urine / J.T. Dunn, H.E. Grutchfield, R. Gutekunst, A.D. Dunn. – Netherland : ICCIDD, 1993. – P. 18–27.
9. Semenova L.S., Pavlovskaia N.A., Voznesenskaia T.V. et al. Gigiena truda i professionalnye zabolevaniia. 1982 ; 1 : 35–38 (in Russian).
10. Antomonov M.Yu. Matematicheskaia obrabotka i analiz mediko-biologicheskikh dannykh [Mathematical Processing and Analysis of Medico-Biological Data]. Kiev ; 2006 : 558 p. (in Russian).
11. Plastunov B.A., Kovaliv M.O. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2015 ; 3 : 51–56 (in Ukrainian).