|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 29-36
Nanomaterials and nanoparticles: structure, physico-chemical and toxicological properties, impact on the organism of the workers
Yavorovskó O.P.1, Tkachyshyn V.S.1, Arustamian O.M.1, Kostuchenko A.M.2, Soloha N.V.1
1 Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
2 DP "Specialized medical-sanitary part number 18, Ministry of Health of Ukraine"
A wide application of nanomaterials in all fields of science and technology is increasing from year to year. The use of nanoparticles in different spheres of production is characterized by a potential danger for the health of the persons working with these compounds. Study of the use of nanoparticles in medicine and industry is far ahead of the research of their toxicological properties. That is why the study of structure, physico-chemical and toxicological properties and effects on the organism of the personnel, working with nanomaterials, is an important aspect for modern medicine. Nanoparticles of barium titanate are one of the known representatives of nanoparticles, actively used in different spheres of production. At present stage a toxicity of barium titanate has been studied insufficiantly. By the results of periodic medical examinations, the state of health of the workers, employed in the production of barium titanate nanocrystalline powder, is characterized by a higher prevalence of the diseases of respiratory, circulatory, genitourinary systems, and in dynamics – digestion organ diseases. So there is an urgent need to study the potential toxicological risks to minimize them in order to protect the human health and the environment and to ensure a safe development of nanotechnologic industry in long-term prospect.
nanomaterials, nanoparticles, barium titanate, impact on the organism.
1. Bykov A.I., Polotai A.V., Ragulia A.V., Skorokhod V.V. Poroshkovaia metallurgiia. 2000 ; 7/8 : 88–98 (in Russian).
2. Vasylkiv O.O., Ragulia O.V., Skorokhod V.V. Poroshkovaia metallurgiia. 1997 ; 5/6 : 53–59 (in Russian).
3. Vlasyk L.I., Andriichuk N.Y. Bukovynskyi medychnyi visnyk. 2012 ; 16 (3 - P. 2) : 10-15 (in Ukrainian).
4. Glushkova A.V., Radilov A.S., Rembovskii V.R. Toksikologicheskii vestnik. 2007 ; 6 : 4–8 (in Russian).
5. Demetska O.V., Leonenko O.B., Tkachenko T.Yu., N.S. Leonenko Suchasni problemy toksykolohii. 2012 ; 1 : 51-58 (in Ukrainian).
6. Izmerov N.F, Kirilov V.F. Gigiena truda [Hygiene of Labor]. Moscow : GEOTAR-Media ; 2008 : 583 p. (in Russian).
7. Moskalenko V.F., Yavorovskyi O.P. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu imeni O.O. Bohomoltsia. 2009 ; 3 : 25–35 (in Ukrainian).
8. Onishchenko G.G. Voprosy obespecheniia sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiia naseleniia v usloviiakh rasshireniia ispolzovaniia nanomaterialov i nanotekhnologii [Issues of the Provision with Sanitary-Epidemiological Well-Being of the Population under Conditions of the Broadening of Nanomaterial and Nanotechnology Application]. In : Mezhdunarodnyi forum po nanotekhnologiiam [International Forum for Nanotechnologies]. Moscow ; 2008 : 34-36 (in Russian).
9. Onishchenko G.G., Archakov A.I., Bessonov V.V., Bokitko B.G., Gintsburg A.L., Gmoshinskii I.V., Grigoriev A.I. et al. Gigiena i sanitariia. 2007 ; 6 : 3-10 (in Russian).
10. Ragulia A.V., Vasilkiv O.O., Skorokhod V.V. Poroshkovaia metallurgiia. 1997 ; 3/4 : 59–65 (in Russian).
11. Savenkova O.O., Shatorna V.F., Chekman I.S., Hruzina T.H., Horelov O. M. Visnyk Lvivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im. T. Shevchenka. 2011 ; 18 (229) : 151-158 (in Ukrainian).
12. Trakhtenberg I.M., Dmytrukha N.M., Apykhtina O.L. Bioetychni aspekty vprovadzhennia nanomaterialiv [Bioethical Aspects of the Implementation of Nanomaterials]. In : Sohodennia i bioetyka : zbirnyk dopovidei 4-ho Natsionalnoho konhresu z bioetyky [The Present and Bioethics : Collection of the Reports, 4-th National Bioethics Congress]. Kyiv: Avitsena ; 2011 : 187-196 (in Ukrainian).
13. Yavorovskyi O.P., Tkachyshyn V.S., Shevtsova V.M., Zinchenko T.O., Solokha N.V., Rahulia A.V., Tkachyshyna N.Yu., Yarmenchuk I.A., Harbuza H.I. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2013 ; 4 : 57-61 (in Ukrainian).
14. Yavorovskyi O.P., Shevtsova V.M., Minchenko O.H., Zinchenko T.O., Veremei M.I., Tkachyshyn V.S., Rahulia A.V., Yarmenchuk I.A., Harbuza H.I., Zahorodnii V.V. Hihiienichni problemy otsinky ryzykiv dlia liudyny ta dovkillia vid suchasnykh nanotekhnolohii ta nanomaterialiv [Hygienic Problems of the Assessment of the Risks from Modern Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials for Man and Environment]. In : Hihiienichna nauka ta praktyka: suchasni realii: Materialy XV zizdu hihiienistiv Ukrainy [Hygienic Science and Practice: Modern Realities: Materials of XV Congress of the Hygienists of Ukraine]. Lviv ; 2012 : 439-440 (in Ukrainian).
15. Yavorovskii A.P., Veremei M.I., Shevtsova V.M., Bobyr V.V., Zinchenko T.O., Polotai V.V., Ragulia A.V. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem prats³. 2011; 1 : 28 (in Russian).
25. Scheynius A. News Letter. 2008 ; 2 : 1-2.
27. Hext P.M., Tomenson J.A., Thompson P. Ann. Occup. Hyg. 2005 ; 49 (6) : 461–472.