|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 3 (79) - 2016 - Pages: 42-46
Impact of the day regimen factors on mental working capacity in the senior pre-school age children
Filonenko Î.Î.1, Hozak S.V.1, Yelizarova O.T.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
Objective. We assessed the impact of the day regimen factors on the mental working capacity in the senior pre-school age children.
Materials and methods. We studied the mental working capacity on the basis of the modification of the proof methodology by M.V. Antropova, using the tables with drawings, in the senior pre-school children. The motivation readiness of a child to a systematic training was determined by Kern-Jirásek methodology. Dynamic tremor as an indicator of neuropsychical strain and, to a certain extent, a preparedness of hand for writing were studied by the "Tracks" methodology (by L. Wenger). We developed a special questionnaire for the parents on the duration of a child’s stay in the pre-school institutions, and the day regimen as well: walk duration in a free time, duration of time for computer games, watching of the TV programs, sleep duration.
Conclusions. We determined that 51.4% of the senior pre-school age children spent less than 1.5 hours in the open air, 83.0% watched TV for more than 30 minutes, 41.5% played computer games, and 50.0% of the children had a sleep deficiency. Thus, the above research results indicate that the correct, age appropriate day regimen improves health, provides high working capacity, successful implementation of the various activities, prevents fatigue. At the same time the serious day regimen violations (reduction of outdoor activities, daytime sleep, self-dependent game activity, recreational measures) lead to a decrease of mental working capacity.
senior pre-school age children, day regimen, mental working capacity, school maturity indicators.
1. Hozak S.V., Filonenko O.O., Parats A.M., Yelizarova O.T. Vyvchennia rozumovoi pratsezdatnosti ditei starshoho doshkilnoho viku [Study of Mental Working Capacity in the Senior Pre-School Age Children]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2013 ; 61 : 303-309 (in Ukrainian).
2. Yakubova I.Sh., Matveieva N.À., Kuzmichev Yu.G. Gigiena i sanitariia. 1997; 1 : 26-29 (in Russian).
3. Bobrishcheva-Pushkina N.D., Popova O.L., Kuznetsova L.Yu., Silaev A.A. Praktika pediatra. 2008 ; 10 : 66-72 (in Russian).
4. Hozak S.V., Yelizarova O.T., Parats A.M., Stankevych T.V., Kalynychenko I.O., Kysylevska V.P., Filonenko O.O. Sposib otsinky rozumovoi pratsezdatnosti ditei 5-7 rokiv (informatsiinyi lyst ¹ 144-2013) [Method for the àssessment of mental working capacity in the children 5-7 óears of àge]. Kyiv ; 2013 : 4 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Holovan N.O. Diahnostyka zahalnoi shkilnoi zrilosti dytyny 5-7-richnoho viku [Diagnosis of general school maturity in the child 5-7 óears of àge]. Kyiv ; 1993 : 72 p. (in Ukrainian).
6. Polka N.S., Kalynychenko I.O., Hozak S.V., Stankevych T.V., Parats A.M., Yelizarova O.T. et al. Systema profilaktychno-ozdorovchykh zakhodiv z pidhotovky ditei starshoho doshkilnoho viku do navchannia u zahalnoosvitnikh navchalnykh zakladakh: metodychni rekomendatsii ¹ 62.13/154.13. Kyiv ; 2013 : 50 p. (in Ukrainian).