|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (87) - June, 2018 - Pages: 15-18
Allelic polymorphism of the genes of dna reparation and likelihood of bronchopulmonary pathology development in miners and workers of asbestos cement plants in Ukraine
1 SI " Kundiiev Institute of Occupational Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine "
ÓÄÊ: [575.113: 577.21 : [622+666.961. 006.3] – 057 (477)
The results of the research on the polymorphism of DNA reparation genes in miners and workers of asbestos cement plants with the occupationally determined respiratory pathology are presented in the article.
Objective: We studied the distribution of the genotype frequencies of XRCC1 (rs25487) and XRCC3 (rs861539) genes in miners and workers of asbestos cement plants for the identification of the markers of the risk of the development of bronchopulmonary pathology.
Materials and methods: The workers of asbestos-cement plants and miners were engaged in the study. The real-time polymerase chain reaction was used to determine the genotypes of DNA reparation genes.
Results: It was established that the XRCC1*AA genotype was associated with the risk of bronchopulmonary pathology in the population of workers of the asbestos-cement plants and miners of Ukraine. The protective role of the genotype XRCC1*GA in relation to the risk of developing bronchopulmonary system diseases in workers of asbestos-cement plants in Ukraine has been established.
molecular-and-genetic markers, XRCC1, XRCC3, bronchopulmonary pathology
1. Izmerov N.F. and Chuchalin A.G. (eds.) Professionalnye zabolevaniya organov dykhaniya (Natsionalnoe rukovodstvo) [Occupational Diseases of Respiratory Organs (National Guide)]. Moscow : GEOTAR-Ìådia; 2015 : 119-148 (in Russian).
2. Kuzmina L.P. Biokhimicheskie I geneticheskie pokazateli individualnoi chuvstvitelnosti k professionalnym vrednostiam [Biochemical and Genetic Parameters of Individual Sensitivity to the Occupational Hazards]. In : Professionalnyi risk dlia zdorovia rabotnikov (rukovodstvo) [Occupational Risk to the Health of the Workers (Guide)]. N.F. Izmerov and E.N. Denisov (eds.). Ìîscow : Trovant ; 2003 : 329-334 (in Russian).
6. Pavanello S. and Clonfero E. G Ital Med Lav Ergon. 2004 ; 26 (4) : 311-321 (in Italian).
7. Rodriguez S., Gaunt T.R. and Day I.N.M. American Journal of Biological Epidemiology. 2009 ; 169 (4) : 505–514. DOI 10.1093/aje/kwn359. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwn359
8. Shin A., Lee K.M., Ahn B., Park C.G., Noh S.K. et al. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2008 ; 9 : 501–505.
12. Zienolddiny S., Campa D., Lind H., Ryberg D., Skaug V., Stangeland L., Phillips D.H., Canzian F. and Haugen A. Carcinogenesis. 2006. Vol. 27. ¹ 3. P. 560–567.