|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (99) - June, 2021 - Pages: 72-79
Haik Khachaturovych Shakhbazian - organizer of hygiene and sanitary, scientist, teacher, true patriot of the Ukrainian fatherland (in commemoration of the 125-th birth anniversary)
Yavorovskyi O.P.1, Shkurko H.A.1, Chaika Yu.H.1
1 O.O. Bohomolets National Medical University
In commemoration of the 125-th birth anniversary
The creative pathway of Professor Haik Shakhbazian, including the stages of the formation and development of his personality from practical sanitary physician to scientific researcher, Director of the Institute and Head of the Department, as well as the WHO expert and Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences was investigated. The contribution of the scientist to physiology and labour hygiene, in particular to a new scientific direction –the hygiene of the industrial microclimate, founded by Professor Shakhbazian, has been analyzed. The stages of the scientist’s and teacher’s work at Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Labour Hygiene and Occupational Diseases and at the Department of Labour Hygiene and Occupational Diseases in the Bohomolets Kyiv Medical Institute were studied. Monographs, textbooks, teaching materials, lectures of the scientist and his social activities were analyzed. The glorious traditions of the Professor Shakhbazian’s scientific school were continued by his numerous students.
history of medicine, hygiene of labour, occupational health, industrial microclimate
1. Medved L.I. Trydtsiat rokiv Kyivskomu instytutu hihiieny pratsi ta profesiinykh zakhvoriuvan [Thirty Years of Kyiv Institute of Labour Hygieneand Occupational Diseases]. In : Dopovidi naukovoi sesii na chest 30-richchia instytutu [Reports of the Scientific Session in Honor of the 30th Anniversary of the Institute]. Kyiv;1958 : 5-18 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kundiiev Yu.I., Yavorovskyi O.P., Ezikian H.M.and Chaika Yu.H. Period lokhvytskoho pidpillia v zhytti profesora H. Kh. Shakhbaziana 1941-1943 rr. [The Period of Lokhvytsia Underground in the Life of Professor H.Kh. Shahbazian 1941-1943]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu imeni O.O. Bohomoltsia. 2013 ; 2-3 : 111-114 (in Ukrainian).
3. Kundiiev Yu.I. Professor G.Kh. Shakhbazyan – osnovopolozhnik ucheniya o proizvodstvennom mikroklimate [Professor G. Kh. Shakhbazian - the Founder of the Doctrine of the Industrial Microclimate]. In: Institut skvoz prizmu epokh [Institute in the Light of Epoches]. Kiev : Avitsenna; 2014 : 318-323 (in Russian).
5. Yavorovskyi O.P., Paustovskyi Yu.O., Nikitiuk O.A. et al. Vid kafedry profesiinoi hihiieny Kyivskoho medychnoho instytutu do kafedry hihiieny ta ekolohii ¹ 2 Natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu im. O. O. Bohomoltsia: naukovi ta osvitni priorytety protiahom 95 rokiv (1923-2018) [From the Department of Occupational Hygiene of Kyiv Medical Institute to the Department of Hygiene and Ecology ¹ 2, O.O. Bohomolets National Medical University: Scientific and Educational Priorities for 95 Years (1923-2018)]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment & Health). 2018 ; 4 (89) : 58-67 (in Ukrainian).
6. Shakhbazyan G.Kh. V Pekine i Pkheniane (zametki gigiyenista) [In Beijing and Pyongyang (Hygienist’s Notes)]. Vrachebnoye delo. 1958 ; 7 : 1-4 (in Russian).
7. Shakhbazyan G.Kh. and Likhtenshteyn E.I. Printsipy organizatsii i soderzhaniye prepodavaniya kursa professionalnykh zabolevaniy v Kiyevskom meditsinskom institute imeni A.A. Bogomoltsa [The Principles of Organization and Content of Teaching ofthe Course of Occupational Diseases at the A.A. BogomoletsKiev Medical Institute]. Gigiyena truda i professionalnyye zabolevaniya. 1961 ; 7 : 6-9 (in Russian).