|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (85) - March, 2018 - Pages: 41-46
Monitoring and ecological-and-hygienic evaluation of the quality of drinking water from the sources of decentralized water supply in Rivne region for 2004-2015
Huschuk I.V.1, Brezetska O.I.2, Huschuk V.I.2, Drab R.R.2
1 SRC "Human Ecology and Public Health", National University "Ostroh Academy"
2 State Institution "Rivne Regional Laboratory Center", Ministry of Health of Ukraine
There are the data on the quality of drinking water from decentralized sources of water supply in Rivne oblast, one of the oblasts of Ukraine, where the water supply of the population with drinking water is carried out from the underground aquifers. The materials were collected and analyzed on the compliance of drinking water with sanitary-chemical and sanitary-microbiological indicators in the districts for the period of 2004-2015.
Objective: We assessed the ecological and hygienic state of the quality of drinking water from the sourcesof decentralized water supply in Rivne region during 2004 - 2015.
Materials and methods: The laboratory data on the sanitary-chemical, microbiological, parasitological and radiological indices were used in the work. Systematization, processing and analysis of the research materials were carried out with the help of descriptive, dynamic and comparative methods.
Results: Since 2004 – 2015, a number of the sources of decentralized water supply, including wells from 1347 to 1147 (-200), captures from 10 to 8 (-2) and artesian wells from 2 to 7 (+5) was stated to be decreased by 197 units in the oblast. The decrease was mainly due to the discontinuation of public wells’ exploitation.
The average regional indicator of non-compliance of drinking water from the sources of decentralized water supply in terms of sanitary and chemical indicators was increased more than 2.5 times in the period under study from 14.5% in 2004 up to 40.0% in 2015. In recent 2 years a sharp increase in the percentage of non-compliance of the samples was noted from 21.2% in 2013 up to 40.0% in 2015.
According to the microbiological indices, the average non-compliance rate for the above-mentioned period grew by 3.2% and amounted to 29.0% in 2015 at 25.8% in 2004. The sharp increase in the percentage of non-compliance of samples was noted in recent 2 years from 14.0% in 2013 up to 29.0% in 2015.
Conclusion: The obtained results show that in the context of the development of the public health system in Ukraine it is necessary to continue the work on the determination of the correlation between the quality of drinking water and the state of morbidity in the oblast.
Rivne oblast, decentralized water supply, microbiological indicators, sanitary-and-chemical indicators, drinking water, water quality indicators, public health system
1. DIRECTIVE 2000/60/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 23 October 2000 Establishing a Framework for Community Action in the Field of Water Policy. Official Journal of the European Communities. 22.12.2000 ; L327/1-72. URL: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_962
2. Prokopov V.O. Naukovi ta praktychni pytannia zabezpechennia naselennia Ukrainy yakisnoiu pytnoiu vodoiu [Scientific and Practical Issues of the Provision of the Population of Ukraine with the Qualitative Drinking Water]. In : Hihiienichna nauka ta praktyka na rubezhi stolit : mater. XIV zizdu hihiienistiv Ukrainy [Hygienic Science and Practice at the Turn of Centuries : Mater. XIV Congress of the Hygienists of Ukraine]. Dnipropetrovsk : ÀRÒ-PRES; 2004 ; 1 : 109-111(in Ukrainian).
3. Honcharuk Ye.G., Bardov V.G., Harkavyi S.²., Yavorovskyi Î.P. et al. Komunalna hihiiena : pidruchnyk [Communal Hygiene : Manual ]. Êyiv : Zdorovia ; 2003 : 50-52 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Avery A.A. Environ. Health Persp. 1999 ; 107 (7) : 583-586.
6. Likho Î.F., Hakalo Î.². and Hushchuk ².V. Otsinka zabrudnennia nitratamy dezentralizovanykh dzherel vodopostachannia v Rivnenskii oblasti [Assessment of the Nitrate Contamination of Decentralized Water Supply Sources in Rivne Oblast]. In : Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu vodopostachannia ta pryrodokorystuvannia [Bulletin of National University of Water and Environment Engeneering]. Rivne, Ukraine ; 2010 ; 1 (49) : 106-111(in Ukrainian).
7. Fedorenko V.I. and Kitsula L.M. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2014 ; 1 (68) : 10-14 (in Ukrainian).
8. Vynarska Î.²., Spaska Yu.S., Hryhorenko L.Ye. et al. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2013 ; 4 (67) : 14-19 (in Ukrainian).
9. Hushchuk ².V., Brezetska Î.²., Hushchuk V.². and Drab R.R. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2017 ; 4 (84) : 31-37 (in Ukrainian).
10. Voloshchuk Î.V., Antomonov Ì.Yu. and Hushchuk ².V. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2017 ; 1(81) : 27-31 (in Ukrainian).