|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (87) - June, 2018 - Pages: 58-61
Sanitary-and-hygienic characteristic of the technologies for handling with the filtrate of solid domestic waste polygons recommended for use in Ukraine
Stankevych V.V.1, Teteneva I.O.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
ÓÄÊ: 628.46 : 628.396
Objective. We performed sanitary-and-hygienic assessment of the technologies for the filtrate purification from the places of the disposal of solid domestic waste recommended for use in Ukraine.
Materials and methods. For the study we used the results of the analyses of filtrate samples from the Kyiv polygon No. 5 before and after purification at the "PAL ROCHEM" and "VOMM" facilities. The study was performed according to standardized procedures. Heavy metals were detected by atomic-adsorption method with the help of spectrometer KAC-120.1.
Results. Sanitary-and-hygienic characteristic of the methods for filtrate purification, used at the polygon ¹ 5 in Kyiv, is presented in the work. The "PAL ROCHEM" and "VOMM" facilities make possible to purify the filtrate effectively. 70% of water can be discharged in the surface water body after purification from ammonia. By-products are formed as a result of the equipment operation, there are no economically substantiated ways for handling with them. In addition, proposed filtrate treatment technologies are energy-intensive, expensive in service, which deters their wide use in Ukraine.
solid domestic waste, filtrate, purification technologies, reverse osmosis, evaporation
2. Boroday G.I. Posobie po monitoring poligonov tverdykh bytovykh otkhodov [Manual of Monitoring of Solid Domestic Waste Polygons]. Donezk : Tasis; 2004 : 293 p. (in Russian).
3. Teteneva ².Î. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2017; 2 (82) : 26-30 (in Ukrainian).
4. Selivanova N.V., Trifonova Ò.À., Selivanov Î.G. and Chukhlanov V.Yu. Mezhduna - rodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh ³ fundamtntalnykh issledovaniy. 2014 ; 8 (2) : 99-102 (in Russian).
5. Varnavskaya I.V. Ekologiia ³ promyshlennost. 2008 ; 1 : 39- 43 (in Russian).
6. Slusar N., Vaisman Ya. and Korotaev V. Ekologiia ³ promyshlennost Rossii. 2016 ; 20 (4) : 32-39 (in Russian).
7. Gonopolskiy À.Ì., Nikolaikina N.Ê., Murashov V.Å. et al. Voda: chimiia ³ ekolohiia. 2008 ; 2 : 25-30 (in Russian).
8. Trifonova Ò.À., Selivanova N.V., Shyrkin L.À. et al. Izvestiia Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN. 2013 ; 15; ¹ 3(2) : 685-687 (in Russian).
9. Sokolov L.I., Kibardina S.Ì., Flamme S. et al. Ekologiia ³ promyshlennost Rossii. 2009 ; 4 : 32-37 (in Russian).
10. Kofman V.Ya. Vodosnabzhenie ³ sanitarnaia tekhnika. 2013 ; 3 (1) : 46-56 (in Russian).