|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (85) - March, 2018 - Pages: 51-56
Principles of prevention of the harmful influence of industrial atmospheric pollution on the status of population health
Hrebnyak N.P.1, Fedorchenko R.A.1
1 Zaporozh³e State Medical University
The purpose of the study was to justify the principles of preventing the adverse effects of industrial atmospheric pollution on human health.
Objects and methods of research: to assess the exposure of atmospheric pollution screening for the health of the population of an industrial city, gross emissions from stationary and mobile sources by the level and spectrum of pollutants, the correlation between total air pollution and respiratory diseases, the incidence of the population, the coefficients of determination were studied.
Results. The methodological basis for justifying the principles and measures for the prevention of the development of respiratory diseases is based on medical and environmental monitoring, establishing a causal relationship between environmental factors and the state of health, hygienic assessment of sanitary and epidemiological well-being.
7 principles of primary prevention, the object of which is the source and mechanism of occurrence / spread of the disease, are substantiated; 7 principles of secondary prevention, the object of which is a disease in acute or subacute stages; 3 of the principle of tertiary prevention, the object of which is disability / premature metering.
atmospheric air pollution, prevention of adverse health effects
1. Ambient (Outdoor) Air Quality and Health. WHO Information Bulletin. 2014 ; 313. Mode of access : https://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs313/en/.
2. Review of Evidence on Health Aspects of Air Pollution – REVIHAAP Project : Technical Report. Copenhagen : WHO Regional Office for Europe ; 2013 : 302 p.
3. Turos O.I., Ananieva O.V. and Petrosian A.A. Vdoskonalennia pidkhodiv do kilkisnoi otsinky zabrudnennia atmosfernoho povitria vykydamy avtomobilnykh transportnykh zasobiv [Development of an Impruved Approach to Quantitative Assessment of Transport-Related Air Pollution]. In: Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2014 ; 63 : 22–31 (in Ukrainian).
4. Petrosian A.A. and Chernenko L.M. Medychni perspektyvy. 2016 ; 21 (1) : 130–133 (in Ukrainian).
5. Serdiuk A.M., Korzun V.N., Kalinkin M.N., Davydov B.N., Kyrylenko N.P. and Zhmakin I.À. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2010 ; 1 (52) : 3–9 (in Russian).
6. Franklin M., Vora H., Avol E., McConnell R., Lurmann F., Liu F., Penfold B. et al. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology. 2012 ; 22 : 135-147. https://doi.org/10.1038/jes.2011.45
7. Hrebniak M.P. and Shchudro S.A. Ekolohiia ta zdorovia dytiachoho naselennia: faktory ryzyku, epidemiolohiia [Environment and Children's Health : Risk Factors, Epidemiology]. Dnipropetrovsk : Porohy; 2010 : 95 p. (in Ukrainian).
8. Hrebniak M.P. and Shchudro S.A. Medychna ekolohiia : navchalnyi posibnyk [Medical Ecology : Textbook]. Dnipropetrovsk : Aktsent ; 2016 : 418 p. (in Ukrainian).
9. Petrov S.B. and Petrov B.A. Fundamentalnye issledovaniia. 2012 ; 1 (5) : 100 –104 ( in Russian).
10. Rakhmanin Yu.A. Gigiena i sanitariia. 2012 ; 5 : 4–8 ( in Russian).
11. Berdnyk O.V., Rudnytska O.P. and Dobrianska O.V. Medychni perspektyvy. 2016 ; 21 (1) : 123-129 (in Ukrainian).
12. Chernychenko I.O., Balenko N.V., Tsymbaliuk S.M. and Ostash O.M. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2016 ; 2 : 9-13 (in Ukrainian).