|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (77) - 2016 - Pages: 68-72
Modern requirements to the state policy in the sphere of environmental protection and children's health: experience and recommendations of the World Health Organization
Koblianska A.V.1, Skliarenko K.A.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marzłeiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
ÓÄĘ: 351.77 : 613.95 : 616-084
Objective. We analyzed the international experience, the recommendations of the World Health Organization and identified the basic requirements at the development and implementation of the policy within the framework of the national programs on the environmental protection and children’s and adolescents’ health system.
A level of public health and health services’ state depend on the real socio-economic processes in the state. First of all, a sector strategy is based on the demographic situation, the main indicators of the health of the population taking into account the environmental risk factors. According to the data of the WHO, the impact of the contaminated environment on a human health is still a leading reason of death and sufferings throughout Europe, especially for children. Children as the most vulnerable part of society are extremely sensitive to the environmental threats.
Allowing for the European vector of development, the future health services’ system in Ukraine must be agreed with the European principles, it presupposes a replacement of the given model of health services by the modern world schemes, practices, and experiences, taking into account that children and youth are the priorities of state policy.
health services, environmental protection, children’s and adolescents’ health, the European strategy, state policy, international experience.
1. WHO A Strategy to Prevent Chronic Disease in Europe. A Focus on Public Health Action. The CINDI vision. Copenhagen ; 2004 : 42 p.
2. WHO HEALTH 21 – Health for all in the 21st Century. Copenhagen ; 1998 : 36 p.
3. WHO Health 2020. A European Policy Framework and Strategy for the 21st Century. Copenhagen ; 2013 : 190 p.
7. European Environment Agency Europe’s Environment. The Fourth Assessment. Chapter 2. Environment and Health and the Quality of Life. Copenhagen ; 2007: 92 p.
8. Proekt Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii Derzhavnoi prohramy «Zdorova dytyna» na 2008-2017 rr. [Decree Project of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On the Approval of the Healthy Child National Program Conception for 2008-2017]. Available at : http://health-ua.com/articles/2030.html
9. WHO Investing in Children: the European Child and Adolescent Health Strategy 2015–2020. Copenhagen ; 2014 : 23 p.
11. Pro zatverdzhennia Mizhhaluzevoi kompleksnoi prohramy «Zdorovia natsii» na 2002-2011roky : Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [On the Approval of the Health of Nation Interbranches’ Complex Program]. Avaliable at : http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/14-2002-%D0%BF.
12. Proekt Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro zatverdzhennia Zahalnoderzhavnoi prohramy «Zdorovia - 2020: ukrayinskyi vymir» [Law Project of Ukraine “On the Approval of the National Program “Health – 2020: Ukrainian Measuring]. Avaliable at : http://triton.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/Pro_20120316_1.html
13. Pro Zahalnoderzhavnu prohramu «Natsionalnyi plan dii shchodo realizatsii Konventsii OON pro prava dytyny» na period do 2016 roku [On the National Program “National Plan for the Realization of the UN Conception on the Child’s Rights” for the Period till 2016]: Zakon Ukrainy vid 05.03.2009 ą 1065-VI. Avaliable at : http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1065-17