|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (77) - 2016 - Pages: 54-58
Impact of drinking water mineral composition on the circulation system diseases
Prokopov V.ő.1, Lipovetska ő.B.1, Antomonov M.Yu.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz≥eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
”ń : 614.777:628.16
We determined the quantitative indices of the impact of non-standard drinking water on the circulation system diseases in the Khersonís population using a highly mineralized water from the centralized drinking water supply system.
Methods and materials. We studied the impact of mineralized tap drinking water from the underground sources in Kherson on the morbidity of the circulation system diseases. The water, using by the population, includes above-standard levels of hardness salts, dry residue, chlorides and sulfates. The values of these parameters in drinking water exceed the MAC 2 times, and 3-4 times in the Suvorov district of the city. Chernihiv was taken as a control, there were no deviations from the standard there. All the newly registered cases of the circulation system diseases and separate nosologies for ten years period (2004-2013) in these cities were a subject of the retrospective epidemiological surveillance by the cohortsí method.
Results. Primary morbidity analysis showed a significant difference of the circulation system diseases levels in the studied settlement in comparison with the control one (p<0.05). A high level of the circulation system diseasesí morbidity in the population of the city of Kherson is likely due to the diseases in the residents of the Suvorov district consuming more mineralized drinking water than the residents of the other city areas. Forecasting of the morbidity level showed that 1150 additional cases of the circulation system diseases per 100 thousand people were caused by the above-standard content of mineral substances in water.
tap drinking water, mineral substances, circulation system diseases, correlation and regression analyses.
1. Prokopov V.O., Lypovetska O.B. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho medychnoho universytetu. 2012 ; 4 : 122-126 (in Ukrainian).
2. Prokopov V.O., Lypovetska O.B. Vplyv mineralnoho skladu pytnoi vody na stan zdorovia naselennia (ohlyad literatury) [Impact of the Mineral Composition of Drinking Water on the Populationís Health State (Literary Review)]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. 2012 ; 59 : 63-74 (in Ukrainian).
4. Rakhmanin Yu.A., Rumiantsev G.I., Novikov S.M. Gigiena i sanitariia. 2001 ; 5 : 3-7 (in Russian).
5. Rakhmanin Yu.A., Sidorenko G.I., Mikhailova R.I. Gigiena i sanitariia. 1998 ; 4 : 13-19 (in Russian).
6. Antomonov M.Yu. Matematicheskaia obrabotka i analiz mediko-biologicheskikh dannykh [Mathematical Processing and Analysis of Medico-Biological Data]. Kiev ; 2006 : 558 p. (in Russian).
7. Voroxta Yu.M. Hihiienichna otsinka vplyvu mineralnoho skladu pytnykh vod na zdorovia naselennia : avtoref. dys. [Hygienic Assessment of the Effect of Mineral Composition of the Drinking Water on the Health of the Population : Abstract of Med. Sci. Cand. Thesis]. Kyiv ; 2007 : 23 p. (in Ukrainian).
8. Kapranov S.V., Titamir O. N. Voda i zdorovie [Water and Health]. Luhansk : Yatran ; 2006 : 184 p. (in Russian).
9. Borzunova E.A, Kuzmin S.V., Akramov R.L., Kiiamova E.L. Gigiena i sanitariia. 2007 ; 3 : 32-34 (in Russian).
10. Lutai G.F. Gigiena i sanitariia. 1992 ; 1 : 13-15 (in Russian).