|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 4 (84) - 2017 - Pages: 62-67
Modern problems of occupational pathology in Ukraine
Arustamian O.M.1, Tkachyshyn V.S.1, Kondratiuk V.Ye.1, Korzh A.V.2, Aleksiichuk O.Yu.1
1 O.O. Bohomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
2 SI źSpecilaized Medico-Sanitary Department ╣ 18, Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine╗
The AIS "occupational morbidity" automated system functions for accounting and analysis of the occupational diseases in Ukraine. It is implementing by the Institute of Labour Medicine of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, as well as the Ukrainian Research Institute of Industrial Medicine, for the institutions of the State Labour Service and the State Food Consumer Service. The annual registration of the cases of newly diagnosed occupational diseases is carried out with the help of automated accounting system. The occupational-and-pathological departments were organized in the regional centers and large cities of the country on the basis of the regional clinical hospitals and specialized research institutes. The doctors of occupational pathology are working there. The treatment-and-prophylactic institutions, specialized in occupational pathology, were established, they were granted the right to finalize the diagnosis of occupational diseases (occupational intoxications). The Central Medical Expert Commission is functioning on the basis of the Institute of Labour Medicine, Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine. It examines the most complex cases of diagnosis of the occupational diseases. A weighty component of the regulatory framework on the occupational pathology is a statute and the orders of the Social Insurance Fund against Occupational Accidents at the Facilities and Occupational Diseases of Ukraine.
In general, the structure of the occupational morbidity in Ukraine for the last 10-12 years is mainly determined by chronic diseases (up to 95%) with a small number of chronic intoxications and acute forms of pathology. The completeness and quality of the performance of preliminary and periodic medical examinations of the employees is an important prerequisite for a clear organization of the entire labour protection system. There is a need to seek the ways for the improvement of the control over the state of occupational morbidity in Ukraine. Ministries and departments, management structures of all levels should carry out a constant monitoring of the compliance with the sanitary legislation both in the process of the operation of the existing enterprises and in the design of the new ones, the introduction of new technologies, providing for their safety. The system of the occupational pathology detection at the country's enterprises requires a significant improvement both in terms of the completeness of the scope by periodic medical examinations and in the improvement of their quality (participation of specialized doctors, carrying out of necessary functional, laboratory, in particular biochemical, research).
occupational pathology, occupational diseases, occupational pathology in Ukraine, State Service for Labor, labor protection
1. Pishchikov V.A. and Lubianova I.P. Professionalnaia zabolevaemost v Ukraine (dinamika za poslednie 10 let, prichiny formirovani) I puti sokhraneniia professionalnogo zdorovia [Occupational Morbidity in Ukraine (Dynamics for the Last 10 Years, Reasons of the Formation) and Ways for the Preservation of the Occupational Health of the Population]. In : Gigiena truda : sb. nauch. tr. Kiev ; 1999; 30 : 13-23 (in Russian).
2. Kundiev Yu.I., Cherniuk V.I. and ┬Ŕ˛˛ň P.N. Meditsina truda I promyshlennia ekologiia. 1999 ; 4 : 6ľ9 (in Russian).
3. Ershova ╠.└. and Belashova I.G. Professionalnaia zabolevaemost v selskom khoziaistve Ukrainy [Occupational Morbidity in the Agriculture of Ukraine]. In : Gigiena truda : sb. nauch. tr. 2000; 31: 32-39 (in Russian).
4. Borispolets Yu. ╬chorona pratsi. 2002 ; 6 : 23ľ24 (in Ukrainian).
5. Bezpeka ptatsi [Labour Safety] (Editorial). ╬chorona pratsi. 2002; 6 : 21 (in Ukrainian).
6. Serdiuk A.M., Kundiiev Yu.I., Nahorna A.M. and Shyrobokov V.P. Zhurnal NAMN Ukrainy. 2012 ; 3 : 358-368 (in Ukrainian).
8. Kundiiev Yu.I., Nahorna A.M. and Cherniuk V.I. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyny pratsi. 2005 ; 3-4 : 4ľ10 (in Ukrainian).
9. Burshmanov └.Yu. and Krestov └.S. Novye aspekty predvaritelnykh I periodicheskikh meditsunskikh osmotrov [New Aspects of Preliminary and Periodical Medical Examinations]. In : Materialy X Vserossiyskogo kongressa ôProfessiya I zdorovieö [Materials of X All-Russian Congress ôProfession and Healthö]. ╠ţscow ; 2011: 92-93 (in Russian).
10. Kundiiev Yu.I. and Nahorna A.M. Profesiine zdorovia v Ukraini. Epidemiolohichnyi analiz [Occupational Health in Ukraine. Epidemiological Analysis ]. ╩yiv : └vitsenna; 2006 : 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
11. Nahorna A.M. Zahalna I profesiina zakhvoriuvanist pratsiuiuchoho naselennia [General and Occupational Morbidity of the Working Population]. In : Hihiienichna nauka ta praktyka na rubezhi stolit : mater. XIV zizdu hihiienistiv Ukrainy [Hygienic Science and Practice at the Boundary of Centuries : Mater. of XIV Congress of the Hygienists of Ukraine]. Dnipropetrovsk ; 2004; 2 : 29-32 (in Ukrainian).
12. Basanets A.V. and Nahorna A.M. Problemy profesiinoi patolohii v Ukraini ta rol profpatolohichnoi sluzhby u zberezhenni trudovoho potentsialu [Problems of the Occupational Pathology in Ukraine and Role of Occupational-and-Pathological Service in the Preservation of Labour Potential]. In : Aktualni pytannia profesiinykh zakhvoriuvan v Ukraini : mater. konf. [Actual Issues of the Occupational Diseases in Ukraine : Mater. Conf.]. Dnipropetrovsk ; 2008 : 4ľ6 (in Ukrainian).
13. Kundiiev Yu.I. and Nahorna A.M. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyns pratsi. 2005 ; 1 : 3-11 (in Ukrainian).
14. Kontseptsiia tsiliovoi sotsialnoi prohramy ôZberezhennia I rozvytok trudovoho potentsialu Ukrainy na 2008-2017 roky [Conception of National Target Social Program ôPreservation and Development of Labour Potential of Ukraine for 2008-2017ö]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z problem medytsyns pratsi. 2007 ; 4 : 3-9 (in Ukrainian).
15. Izmerov N.F. Meditsina truda I promyshlennaia ekologiia. 2007 ; 12 : 4-11 (in Russian).
16. Kundiev Yu.I., Krasniuk E.P., Gvozdenko L.A. and Ershova ╠.└. Vrachebnoe delo. 1999 ; 5 : 146-149 (in Russian).
17. Kundiev Yu.I., Krasniuk E.P., Faktorov I.┼. et al. ╬khrana truda. 1995 ; 10 : 13-15 (in Russian).
18. Nahorna └.╠. Istorychni I suchasni aspekty medyko-sanitarnoho obsluhovuvannia pratsiuiuchykh v Ukraini [Historical and Modern Aspects of Medico-Sanitary Service of the Working in Ukraine]. In : Dumky, idei profesora Ďţmilina S.└. tÓ yikh vtilennia u XXI stjlitti za napriamom : 2006 rik ľ istoriia medytsyny : materialy konkursu [Thoughts, Ideas by Professor A.S. Tomilin and Their Implementations in XXI Century by Direction : 2006 ľ History of Medicine : Materials of the Competition]. Kyiv ; 2006 : 88-93 (in Ukrainian).
20. Zinchenko Ď.╬., Yavorovskyi O.P., Tsendra ╬.╠. and Lobanov V.V. Dovkillia ta zdorovia. 2011 ; 2 (57) : 39-43 (in Ukrainian).
21. Safe and Healthy Workplaces: Making Decent a Reality. Final Draft (WTO, 2007).