|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (85) - March, 2018 - Pages: 36-40
Hygienic problems of water supply in Ternopil region
Lototska O.V.1, Kondratiuk V.A.1, Panychev V.O.1
1 Ternopil National ². Horbachevsky Medical University
Objective: We carried out a hygienic assessment of the state of domestic-and-drinking water supply in Ternopil oblast and analyzed a dynamics of drinking water quality from the sources of centralized and decentralized water supply over 2013-2016.
Materials and methods: The analysis of state and quality of drinking water of centralized and decentralized water supply sources in Ternopil oblast was performed on the basis of the investigations conducted over the past years (2013-2016) within the framework of national monitoring of the quality of natural and drinking water.
Results: In water supply, Ternopil oblast takes 15th place in Ukraine. Distribution of water resources across the territory of the region is uneven. The problem of drinking water quality was and remains extremely urgent in the oblast and is a serious threat to the health of the population. The quality of drinking water from the centralized water supply system is deteriorating due to the lack of sanitary protection zones, the unsatisfactory technical condition of water treatment plants and water supply networks, insufficient control and inefficiency of water treatment technologies, and low level of water provision per capita. The quality of drinking water in the sources of decentralized water supply in Ternopil oblast in terms of chemical and bacteriological indicators in recent years remains unsatisfactory and unstable.
In order to improve the quality of drinking water in the sources of decentralized water supply in Ternopil oblast, it is proposed to strengthen monitoring of sources of water quality in the region, to create information centers for the processing and generalization of water quality data, and to increase the efficiency of water management, protection, and protection of water bodies from harmful anthropogenic influences.
water quality, centralized water supply, decentralized water supply
1. Prokopov V.O., Lypovetska O.B. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho med. universytetu. 2012 ; 4 : 122-126 (in Ukrainian).
2. Prokopov V.O. Stan ta yakist pytnoi vody tsentralizovanykh system vodopostachannia Ukrainy v suchasnykh umovakh (pohliad na problemu z pozytsii hihiieny) [State and Quality of Drinking Water from Centralized System of Water Supply of Ukraine under Modern Conditions (Standpoint on the Problem from the Point of View of Hygiene)]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2014 ; 64 : 56-67 (in Ukrainian).
3. Analiz aktualnykh chynnykiv pohirshennia yakosti pytnoho vodopostachannia v konteksti natsionalnoi bezpeky Ukrainy. Analitychna zapyska [Analysis of the Actual Factors of Drinking Water Quality Deterioration in the Context of National Safety of Ukraine. Analytical Note]. (in Ukrainian). URL : http://www.niss.gov.ua/articles/1037
4. Hryhorenko L.V. Vplyv yakosti pytnoi vody na stan zdorovia silskoho naselennia [Impact of Drinking Water Quality on the Health of State of Rural Population ]. In : Hihiiena naselenykh mists [Hygiene of Settlements]. Kyiv ; 2014 ; 64 : 80–86 (in Ukrainian).
5. Moseichuk A.A., Boiko I.A. Otsinka yakosti pytnoi vody v dzherelakh detsentralizovanoho vodopostachannia Poltavskoi oblasti [Assessment of Drinking Water Quality in the Sources of Decentralized Water Supply of Poltava Oblast]. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii. 2011 ; 4 : 12-17 (in Ukrainian).
6. Semchuk H.M. Vodopostachannia ta vodovidvedennia. 2008 ; Special Issue : 2-5 (in Ukrainian).
7. Ponomarenko N.P., Korshun M.M. Otsinka yakosti hospodarsko-pytnoho vodopostachannia raioniv Chernihivskoi oblasti [Assessment of the Quality of Domestic-and-Drinking Water Supply in the Regions of Chernihiv Oblast]. Aktualni problemy suchasnoi medytsyny. 2014 ; 14 (2) : 37-43 (in Ukrainian).
8. Stasiuk S., Maidanovych V. Problema pytnoi vody v Ukraini [The Problem of Drinking Water in Ukraine]. URL https://aw-therm.com.ua/problema-pitnoyi-vodi-v-ukrayin (in Ukrainian).