|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (87) - June, 2018 - Pages: 54-57
Substantiation of the content of petroleum products in soil (soils) of variouspurposes
Stankevych V.V.1, Koval N.M.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz│eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU"
Ë─╩: 614.77 : 665.73 : 351.777
Objective : We substantiated the hygienic standard of the content of petroleum products (total) in agricultural soils and soils of the settlementsĺ territories of various functional use.
Materials and methods : We used the gravimetric method for the determination of the actual content of totalpetroleum products in the samples of soils of the agricultural lands and soils from the territories of the settlements of various functional purposes. Under experimental conditions, we investigated the influence of different concentrations of petroleum products on the enzymatic (dehydrogenase) activity of soil microorganisms on the model soil media with different content of humus.
Results: Soils with a higher content of humus are more resistant to the impact of oil products. Concentrations of the gasoline-diesel fraction of PP from 1.0 to 5.0 g/kg had a stimulating effect on the enzymatic activity of soil microflora and on the development of the crops for all types of soils; concentrations over 10.0 up to 20.0 g/kg inhibited this parameter sharply. The petrol fraction of PP provided more toxic effect on this indicator in comparison with the diesel fraction. When assessing the territories of different planning zones of the settlements, the significant fluctuations in the concentrations of the petroleum products were established, but with a certain correlation, depending on thef unctional zone. A streetroad dust is especially instructive by the artificial soilsĺ pollution levels.
Conclusions.The allowable levels of oil productsĺ pollution were proposed for different planning zones of the territories of the settlements. As a safe concentration for the sum of petroleum products at the level of 1.0 g / kg (1000.0 mg / kg of soil) is proposed for the soils of agricultural purpose.
levels of the pollution with petroleum products, agricultural lands, territories of the settlements, road dust, artificial soils
1. Solntseva N.P., Pikovskiy Yu.I., Nikiforova ┼.╠. et al. Problemy zagriazneniya pochv neftiu I nefteproduktami: geokhimiia, ekologiia, rekultivatsiia [Problems of Soil Pollution with Petroleum and Petroleum Products: Geochemistry, Ecology, Recultivation]. In : Doklady simpoziuma VII delegatskogo sezda Vsesoiuznogo obshchestva pochvovedov [Reports of the Symposium VII of the Delegatsĺ Congress of the Pedologistsĺ All-Union Society]. Tashkent (Uzbekistan), 1985 ; 6 : 246-254 (in Russian).
2. Obshchie trebovaniya k metodam opredeleniya nefteproduktov v prirodnykh I stochnykh vodakh [General Requirements to the Methods for the Determination of Petroleum Products in Natural and Waste Water]: GOST17.1.4.01-80. ╠oscow : Goskom SSSR po standartam ; 1980 : 4 p. (in Russian).
3. Honcharuk Ye.H., Bardov V.H., Harkavyi S.▓. et al. Komunalna hihiena : pidruchnyk [Communal Hygiene : Textbook]. ╩yiv : Zdorovia ; 2003 : 340-341 (in Ukrainian).
4. Franchuk H.M., Radomska ╠.╠. Visnyk Natsionalnoho aviatsiinoho universytetu. 2009. ╣ 1. Đ. 46-49 (in Ukrainian).
5. Potapov M.P., Lukas L.└. Gigiena I sanitariia. 1976 ; 9 : 58 (in Russian).
6. Leonenko I.I., Antonovych V.P. and Andrianov └.╠. Metody I obekty khimicheskogo analiza. 2010 ; 5 (2) : 58-72 (in Russian).
7. Zviagintsev D.G. (Ed.) Metody pochvennoi mikrobiologii I biokhimii [ Methods of Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry. 2nd Edition, recasted and revised]. ╠oscow : izdatelstvo Moskovskogo universiteta ; 1991 : 303 p. (in Russian).